or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

Is this the first suggestion of a Failnote?  In years past we have occasionally started threads anticipating people's disappointment with the keynote (primarily because they didn't get exactly what they themselves wanted and because they know much better than Apple).  With such a big structure going up (and without knowing it is truly Apple's), should we start a thread this year?
Buying popcorn now...   I promise to not eat it until the event...
All products updated.  Retina iMacs.  Retina Cinema Displays.  Mac mini (FINALLY).  Mac Pro.  Slimmer MBA.  MBP recently updated (kinda blows my concept, but ...)  Hands on.   New products debuted.  Watch.  Home controllers.  TV.   Hands on.   Space for actual health care professionals to demo their products and the HealthKit tie-in.   Space for car manufacturers to show off i-integration.   Christmas in September.  Complete with Santa.   Carols to be sung by U2....
  I don't know about the auto-correct here at AI, but I know that my Mac tries to auto-correct everything I type into British English spellings.  I have to go back and fix them.  Things like "colour" instead of "color."  I have nothing against British English, but I use American English and hope the spellings follow suit. Edit: the prefs were set at "automatic by language" so I changed that to "U.S. English."  Hopefully that will help! System Prefs >> Keyboard >> Text
  As this thread seems to be primarily focused on language due to this post, it would only be logical to follow suit and point out there is an error in this post. You wrote:The word "had" has enjoyed an incredibly surge in popularity in the last couple years. More and more writers are using it superfluously and incorrectly. The underlined part in red should read: "incredible surge."  
 He has so many of those.  What a guy.  And alien (Mork).  I read somewhere a long time ago that the director of Patch Adams agreed to direct the film only if Williams would play the part of Patch.  He was old for the role, so they had to rework a few things, but it made a heck of a movie.  
 I can vouch for that:  I have a 2012 iMac and a new Mac Pro 6 core.  Some apps run faster or the same on the iMac.  Some do better on the MP.  Haven't actually tested it so I don't have hard data but I can "feel" it. 
When does "mid-2014" end?   Me want new iMac.  
 Patience.  The debs get to play with it first.   Then the beta testers.   Should be pretty soon...
 Nope.