or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

OK... Using it again tonight with Transparency reduced and increased contrast on.  This makes it much better.  There are still some oddities but I can actually put up with this. Maybe.   In other words: once I turned off a couple of the main design elements, it is better.  That doesn't say much for the design.   Also turned the selector on for buttons, etc to Grey, not Blue.  The red, yellow and green dots at the top left of windows was driving me mad.
Does anyone else see the optical illusion in Calendars... Year view?  Everything seems curved/slanted to the right and down...   But it isn't.   Or is it?
  That's why they have parental controls...
Please be true.
  I had to throw a very complicated 3D scene at it... full of trees, bushes and flowers, all individual instances, not replicas.  Calculated indirect lighting, transparency, shadows, you name it I switched it on.  A full 1920x1080 image that took 5 hours to crank out (not my normal, I was just having fun!).  Only then did it raise the fan noise three or four times so that it was noticeable over the AC on the wall (in Japan we use single room slim types), which was set on...
  And it does that almost silently.
  But us Americans, we not so good at science and reality.  Equinox ... solstice...  ain't that some pagan thing?  Money is our God.   
  A - Yeah, they can be a pretty penny.B-  Lots of people are probably waiting for Apple to get with it.  They had a perfect chance to release a display when they released the Mac Pro.  They would have sold well.  Now lots of people have gone elsewhere so whatever (if ever) Apple releases may not sell in the same volume, at least not at first. BTW Glad to hear you are enjoying the new machine.  It is awesome.  I have only heard the fan ramp up a few times, but only when...
Has it arrived, yet?