or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

I'm not gong to order right away.   The main reason I want a MP is for rendering with 3D apps (which I recently have gotten into).  The main one I use now is Carrara, and sometimes Daz3D.  I contacted the maker and they said to wait a see if there is a big improvement over using a mini render farm.  The 2009 MacPro, they said was actually somewhat slow at rendering due to the design of the motherboard or something like that. Carrara has a built-in farm engine so I might...
  I waited forever for my iMac to arrive.  They really could have done it better.  
  I'm all for free updates, as long as they are improvements.  7, AFAIC, is a visual disaster.  My iPad mini, which was updated to 7, is basically unused.  It used to be my primary portable device.  I try it form time to time to see if the new OS grows on me, but it doesn't. They really should allow a user to revert to a backup that includes a previous version of the OS.  It shouldn't be that hard, but they are after numbers to show how many people moved up (albeit in...
 Some people may choose not to update.  All of my iDevices CAN run 7, but only 1 is running it.  A choice I made because I personally don't like the appearance of 7, nice spiffy new functionality or not.  The one is only still on 7 because Apple won't allow reversion back to 6.
They could go on and update the Store to show option pricing so that people can start figuring out how they are going to pay for this baby.  It takes time to arrange a 2nd mortgage.    
December is here...
Pages is down to 1.5 stars on the Mac App Store.  (other previously iwork apps at about 2 stars)   Until very recently, Pages, Keynote and  Numbers were listed in the Best New Apps section, very prominently, despite only having 2 stars.  They are no longer on the list.  It was surprising how long they stayed in the top spots...
  As a long term Pages user myself, I can feel you pain.  Version 9 should still be on your computer and it works fine.  Let's hope that it is just Apple repeating the mistake they made when they launched Final Cut Pro X without giving any hint about a road map and that they actually have really big improvements on the way.  One would hope that they would have learned, but they are getting (already are?) pretty arrogant. BTW, it is always a good idea to keep backups of...
   Wow. Welcome to my Block List.  
  I think he is awesome at hardware design. I think he totally missed with iOS7. He is now VP for Design, which means his touch will be coming to Mac OS in the future.  If it changes to anything like iOS7, then my next Mac will be my last for some time (buy before the OS update)... And that from a guy who used Apple IIe's in school and has owned Macs since 1988.