or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

Just had another session with Yosemite.  Eyes started feeling strange after just five minutes.  I honestly do not know what the problem is; Target Display Mode (no problem with my Mac Pro)? font size? general fuzziness? translucency? lack of contrast?  disbelief at what I was looking at?  However, I forced myself to have a good look, and now thankfully am back on the iMac.  Needed a break and eyedrops first, though.  Seriously.   Just to check, I switched the display...
Looks nice, Relic.     I have a blast with Logic and its iPad app.  Love driving the neighbours crazy!
 Though the number of comments flowing in to Apple will likely be huge and repetitive (thousands might comment on the exact same point), if they have a good system for processing them they could get a lot of good feedback that they could (just could) use to make the OS more appealing to more people.  Then again, there also will be a lot of users participating in the beta who are still not developers who have fairly specific needs/wishes and tastes, so the comments need to...
My first attempt worked fine, too.   Call me one of the lucky ones.   As to Yosemite... well...  I hope all of these new beta testers, who aren't focusing on their own apps, will provide good feedback to improve this beast before it is released.
  Thanks. Last year I felt very strongly about iOS7 (still do) and have put up with a lot of flak for voicing my concerns.  For example: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159669/adoption-of-apples-ios-7-at-32-after-48-hours-outpacing-ios-6/120#post_2407543(read a few posts down from there)
  Looking around the net and there are quite a few who are not liking a lot about the UI, from the font making text difficult to read (I concur here, it seems fuzzy) to the dark setting not being dark.  They are sending feedback. I wonder if Apple knows what's coming?   More importantly, I wonder if they care. Hopefully, iMacs and minis will be updated before Yosemite goes mainstream, so I can upgrade a machine or two and wait out the UI changes if necessary. I sometimes...
 Bingo.  I plan to tinker over the weekend and send my first round of feedback on Sunday or Monday.
 Same iMac here, but I am running 10.10 on a Mac mini in Target Display Mode.  10.10 will not be installed in the iMac (one of my primary machines) unless there are some changes to the UI.   I'm not having issues as in problems with an improper install.  My issue is the design of the UI.  The promo pics I had seen (Apple's site, etc) led me to expect some of what I am seeing.  Personally, I don't really like it.  My reaction is no where as strong as it was to iOS7; at...
I can't post images either.   One thing I don't like with the translucency is it was occasionally unclear which window was active; with a dark background, the active window sometimes had darker regions than inactive windows, which were largely white.   When layering several window atop of each other, slightly off to one side or another, the delineation between windows was less than clear.   The main menu bar at the top is also less clear than that in 10.9.    The...
 1 - Will look at that later.  I do like the settings for icon size; there is some interesting stuff yet for me to discover. 2 - True.  I consider it that way.  Will others?