or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

LOL. Haven't seen a Simon in sooooo many years.  Do the young ones of today know what they are? JJ would be old enough to remember...
The part could also be a mock up built after having seen the real thing, so it may look right, but not be right.     Also, I hate to do this, but this kind of mistake appears in articles on news sites far too often (yep, even over on CNN):   This sentence:   "In a video posted to YouTube late Friday, a part purported to be Apple's "iPhone 6" cover glass was again exposed torture test, this time failing to resist scratches from garnet sandpaper, a material softer...
Looks like a filter of some kind, that would fit in a device, not the device itself.  But how many filters have such nice packaging?   But then why would he be carrying it around to a recording session?   So it must be something else.  The wording on the package may not be English... I can't tell.     Edit:  I perused a few areas over at Sweetwater music and didn't see any devices that looked at all like that picture.   A mic filter of some kind?  Too small......
I hear you on a monitor.  Right now I use my 27" iMac (which I still use) connected with a Thunderbolt cable; I still use the iMac so this works pretty well,, especially on a tiny desk.   There are some nice displays out there, including some 4K displays.  One maker actually has a model that looks like an iMac and is the same size (27) and number of pixels.  I think it was under $650.  However, it is glossy.   Don't know if you are interested in one or not but I...
Congratulations! A Mac Pro is not "low end".   Which GPU?   I have a  6-core, 1TB, D700 machine and it is a workhorse.  Lots of people went this model as it is the sweet spot between price and overall performance (CPU speed for non-CPU-intensive apps and number of cores for multi-core apps).   Hope you enjoy yours!
Semi-final and Brazil are out.   Germany will play either the Argentines or the Dutch in the final.
Luckily woke up in time to see the Brazil - Germany match.  Wow.       The number of records/whatever in the match was amazing.   Brazil lost at home for the first time in almost 30 years. Only once before have Brazil allowed 7 goals, not at home, though. Klose passed Renaldo as top scorer in a World Cup.   There are more, but it must be hard on Brazil; they must be in shock.  They played real dirty in the last match... 36 fouls?  And their best defensive player,...
Buy a Mac.  No need to search for freeware.   Out of the box:  organise and edit photos, organise and edit movies, create presentations, create documents, create spreadsheets, create music, organise and listen to music, video chat... of course, net, mail, messages, reminders.   ​Many of these apps share libraries, so you can access photos, movies, music from other apps, and even edit photos again  in the new app using almost identical interfaces as in the original...
 Then I don't think you can necessarily say that a "500" box equals or beats a "1000" box.  If you can, give a Mac a try; I really think you will be impressed.  Completely out of the box, as is, the Mac (well, the iMac or a notebook, the others need a display that is not include) can handle the tasks that I discussed.  You don't need to look for free apps or download anything.  The apps share many of the same features, making the learning curve faster.  The aesthetics, in...
  You would have to support an assertion like that around here.  Please give us details of how your "500" beats (or equals) an Apple "1000" out of the box.  Discuss things such as Pages, iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, iPhoto, iTunes, Garageband, which are all included with the Mac.  Also please address the issue of viruses.  Lastly, the appearance of the machine and the display; yeah, aesthetics.  And how about having to decide which edition of Windows to install?  How long do...