or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

Buy a Mac.  No need to search for freeware.   Out of the box:  organise and edit photos, organise and edit movies, create presentations, create documents, create spreadsheets, create music, organise and listen to music, video chat... of course, net, mail, messages, reminders.   ​Many of these apps share libraries, so you can access photos, movies, music from other apps, and even edit photos again  in the new app using almost identical interfaces as in the original...
 Then I don't think you can necessarily say that a "500" box equals or beats a "1000" box.  If you can, give a Mac a try; I really think you will be impressed.  Completely out of the box, as is, the Mac (well, the iMac or a notebook, the others need a display that is not include) can handle the tasks that I discussed.  You don't need to look for free apps or download anything.  The apps share many of the same features, making the learning curve faster.  The aesthetics, in...
  You would have to support an assertion like that around here.  Please give us details of how your "500" beats (or equals) an Apple "1000" out of the box.  Discuss things such as Pages, iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, iPhoto, iTunes, Garageband, which are all included with the Mac.  Also please address the issue of viruses.  Lastly, the appearance of the machine and the display; yeah, aesthetics.  And how about having to decide which edition of Windows to install?  How long do...
The update fixes a problem with Compressor that I found months ago.  Apple even mailed me this morning to say that it was a bug at the OS level and had been fixed in the update.   Before the update, there were noise artifacts added to movies created in Compressor using an image sequence and attaching an audio file; now fixed!  Saves a bit of time not having to perform a work-around.       Regarding Mail, I don't know yet if the update has fixed the problem I've had...
I hope some 3rd party jumps to the call here to fill Aperture's shoes and allow people to not move to Adobe.  Perhaps Pixelmator Pro X?  Heh heh...   I want to play with web design right now, but can't find anything simple and robust other than Muse, which is really frustrating.  Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.  I can't code at all:   10 print "I can't code" 20 goto 10   That is my level.  Tumult Hype is doing good things for me, but I want to push it a little...
  Depending on your needs, Amadeus Pro is awesome. I use both AP and Logic, sometimes together and sometimes recording into Logic and using AP as an editor.  AP has great noise reduction (which I need for spoken voice).
Thanks as always, Marvin.
Waiting for this model and several others to actually go on sale...   I have two WDC Thunderbolt drives but for some reason (they blame OSX) they won't spin down when ejected  Rather, you have to wait for the HD itself to spin down which can take 20-30 minutes...  The WDC USB drive I have spins down immediately.  They say it is an Apple problem with TB?   I didn't realise they weren't spinning down and blew four drives in a little over a year...   I had LaCies years...
  I am glad they are complaining.  Did you see my first comment about Yosemite?  Translucency is horrible.  I am not a dev so I don't get the beta today; signed up for the public beta and didn't get an error that too many had signed up so I might make it into that program.   Looking over things again, lots of the functionality looks great... There are some visual tweaks that I think are truly needed; options would be fine, but as is now it is not polished.  It's not as bad...
  Nice one!  Interesting to see people who are actually trying it out complaining already about the font and translucency.  Please send feedback to Apple.