or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

Matte or Shiny.   Me want.
 The difference is to be expected with the different CPU ratings.  But, the mini does do pretty well, especially for the cost.  Sadly, the mini will also get hot fast when really push for a while.  The C3D test actually doesn't max out the CPUs.  I guess it is calculating the motion and then rendering the image which gives it enough pause to not truly tac the system and turn it into a frying pan. Cheetah is the 3D app (outside of SketchUp) that got me in to 3D animation....
 As I said, I am no tech guy so I didn't know what to make of it.  But it was there and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. I will wait for decent testing that can be repeated over several machines by many people. For my machines, I have used Cheetah3D to quickly compare their render speeds.  Cheetah3D comes with a few sample files, one of which takes my iMac 811 seconds (13.5 minutes) to render.  I know that Cheetah3D has a demo version, but I'll have to...
 Thanks for the great link!  Will really help when I go to order. I want to be sure this baby will carry me more than my average year or year and a half.
 Cool!
As I am not a tech guy, perhaps someone here can chime in on this.   I have read elsewhere that the two CPUs (i7 and Xeon) handle differently under heavy load.  The i7, found in the iMac, will eventually throttle down on the virtual cores in order to not overheat.  The Xeon can maintain higher rates on main and virtual cores for far longer.  For some tasks the quad-core i7 is about 25% faster than a dual-core Xeon, especially in bursts followed by a rest.  The Xeon is...
  I thought the video showing it running 18 effects on RAW 4K video summed it up. As that test shows, if developers will put the effort in to their apps to have them utilize the machine, the results are amazing.  I have already written to two developers to request this.  Whether they do it or not is another story, but I am sure Apple would be very happy indeed to help them show this baby off.  These...
  Lucky you! Let us know how it performs compared to what you have now. What configuration did you order again?  I still haven't ordered, yet.  Waiting for somebody or the maker to post how this baby works with the 3D apps I use.  I know it will work great with FCPX and Compressor but want confirmation that it works great with the others first.
Wish the demo machines had a better variety.  They all seem to be 8-core video beasts.   6-core and 12-core would have been interesting.   Also, it would be nice if some test site would set up a set of files that people could download and test on their own machines for comparison and to organize the results.  Real-world stuff like a movie that would have several effects performed on it, a 10-second animation in variety of 3D apps for rendering.   But, it is nice to...
It's live.   Go get them!     Maxed out machine comes in at $9599.     6 core add 500 8 core add 2000   Drat.  6 is my budget methinks