or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

I have had plenty over the past several months.  Most I narrowed down to a USB device, the Countour Shuttle Pro 2.  Most of the rest were a single app; though I haven't tried recently, I could repeat the error and cause a panic.   Stopped using the Shuttle Pro, changed how I used the app and no more panics. I don't know but it would be awesome if they could prevent panics altogether, and also eliminate the need for restarts.  I recall the Acorn computers didn't need...
 You notice I said people are thinking it?
  That they spent so much time and effort on during this time of crisis.  
  Haven't checked, but the nearest one is pretty far away (two hours by bullet train).  If they offered discounts for tickets... (!)
Could this change have waited a while so they could fix the security problem in OSX?   Sure, different department.  But I am sure a lot of people are thinking this.
  I am still holding out hope that mine will arrive by the end of the month... Stay positive... stay positive...
Ouch.  Just checked the Logitech discussion...  They say the K811 cannot toggle TDM... no non-Apple keyboard can.     I can always leave my Apple keyboard off to the side and use it just for this, but...   The idea is right but the execution could be far better.    To get this right, the keyboard and trackpad need to be able to be easily switched between computers.
 Just got my K811 tonight.  It's pretty nice, but I have to get used to using an American layout again!  I've been on Japanese keyboards for years; the larger return key is useful. One question: I can't seem to use Command F2 to change to target display mode; I'm testing it with the iMac and the mini  It works fine on my Apple keyboard.  Does yours work?
 I stopped reading right there.
I was surprised by how few athletes actually carried cameras while walking in; they popped out a variety of devices once they sat.   We watched the opening ceremony live on NHK (Japan's national broadcaster) albeit with crappy announcers talking over most of it; it started at about 1:15am and went the full three hours.  There was a replay from about 9:00am so people could watch it who had not stayed up.   Another corporation, NBC, made the call to not carry the opening...