or Connect

Posts by Bergermeister

Just one? I'll take two!  Not dropped, of course...
Finally!   Now if I can find two considerate early adopters who order the 6 and 8 core versions to test a render from an free app and post the results...  
  Just holding on to what I have until they come to their senses, toss it and make a more visually pleasing iOS8! Still hoping that Mac OS doesn't adopt any of the crap from iOS7...  But, I am ready to jump at a good system some time next year that will hold me for about five years (if the hardware doesn't give out).  Might buy a spare...
I have always thought that Apple should try to lead and set up a world-wide standard three year guarantee.  If they can do it where required by law, then they can do it everywhere, unless they make the machines differently, which I doubt.
  All I wanted for Christmas was a MacPro price list.  Santa!!!!!!!!!!  (yelled like Kirk screaming Kahn! in Star Trek II;  OK, I'm adding a few years on) OK.  That's better. #2  http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/performance/Says it in the text.  Coming in December. For 4K dreamers, it adds: "And Final Cut Pro X has been so perfectly tuned to take advantage of the new Mac Pro, you can work in 4K — in real time — without rendering. (Take a minute to let that slowly...
  Heh!
OK.  Have 10.9.1.  Hope this is better!  Yep!         Nothing released today.  Could something be wrong with production or development (remember new FCPX is coming as well)?   All the more reason not to order immediately when they release?
Last post was about game controllers:   post #6     Hope to see her post again soon...
  I should have been clearer. I had asked about the new MacPro and whether it would be good for rendering, or whether might be better to set up a small render farm (say an 8-core MP versus 2 quad-core machines or even 3 or 4, giving more cores than the single MP (I assume the 12-core will be out of my reach).  I am of course worried about the minis and heat. The answer was: it's not known yet.  Though a multi-core machine usually will  be faster than a farm of the same...