or Connect

Posts by json

I wonder if the AE (and TC) has a new wlan chipset to be able to handle the "dual band" functionality.... if so maybe the performance has gone up too..... I guess I'll have to wait until "someone" buys one and takes it apart.
My phone is now decidedly snappier (dreaded word), more so than after other updates. Things like presenting results in youtube and the stores (including rendering of pictures), list scrolling, startup times of notoriously slow apps (at least on my phone) such as contacts, notes and settings all seem improved. I am beginning to think that they might have increased the CPU-speed (much like the iPod Touch 2nd gen)??? I don't know how to check it though.... Or could this...
Couldn't you use one of the USB ports on the display (cinema displays have usb ports don't they) to drive the dual link adapter? But if those ports don't supply enough power you would of course have to use a powered usb hub, which is not very convenient.....
I definately second that. A 30" quad iMac would make me whip out the good old card. And if they make the back of it silver like the new 24" screen seems to be, and keep the keys on the keyboard white, I'll even applaud them.
OK, one more point to my list of fixes: Get the user (i.e. me) to check out the current functionality more thoroughly before asking for new functions.
Fixes: 1) Snappier. Yes, the dreaded s-word. Version 2.1 is simply NOT snappy in any way, shape or form. Launching apps is really slow, there are even slow downs when entering text. Restarting the phone partially fixes the problem for a time. A DFU restore without putting the backup back has not helped. 2) International language support. The spell checker for Swedish still makes REALLY strange suggestions from time to time, including things that are not valid words,...
Yes, sorry to be unclear. What I meant was that when trying to do it before 2.1 it was very erratic (on my iPhone at least). Often the page refused to move or moved just a short distance before stopping. Now it seems more responsive (though not 100%).
Faster overall. Possible to scroll webpages while they load. Faster loading times for web pages. Had no problem with reception before so I haven't tried it. Updating applications keeps the icon in place (and seems faster). Remaining problems: - Contact application still takes alot of time at startup before letting me scroll the list. - Swedish word corrector still very buggy, many words get extremely weird suggestions and it does not seem to learn very well either....
I would love it if this would also lead to a piece of software that would work "the opposite way" of NetShare, that is, the iPhone creates the "ad-hoc" network and the computer(s) can join it. Seems somewhat easier to use than the current solution, even though NetShare works well when set up correctly.
Reading about GPS "quirks" reminds me that I still don't know how to turn the GPS off. Maybe someone here can enlighten me? When the iPhone 3G was introduced there was some talk about the GPS and that it was supposed to be "on" only when needed, to conserve battery. But is it really this way? First of all there is the "location services" switch in the settings. What does this one do? It seems to me that it is this switch that controls whether or not the question...