or Connect

Posts by json

Yeah, sorry about the faces..... Yes Nokia have a strong fan base, but currently SonyEricsson is even stronger. I also think that we will soon get some announcement, I just hope that it will be the operator that has the best geographical coverage (Telia). I guess the faces are also somewhat a result of me being slightly nervous.....
Interesting.... in Sweden we already have 7.2 mbit HSDPA systems in place (not covering the entire country though mind you) and 1.4 mbit HSUPA. But do we have one (or more) operator(s) for the iPhone?? NO!!! None of the nordic countries have.... are some of us losing our patience?? YES!!! Ok, enough whining from me for now. Congratulations to you guys in the US getting mobile broadband!
I think that it is basically that the record companies already charge higher prices for downloading songs over the mobile network (using other services than iTunes) and they simply want to keep the price range they have managed to set. However I do agree that there should be no difference.
Bring on the 3.06 GHz, 750GB HD, nVidia 8800 Mini and I will remodel the bedroom to make room for the Bravia! And oh yeah, a better yen exchange rate too please.
These look like nice updates. And the Swedish prices have also been adjusted in the right direction. It's interesting to see that the new 3.06 with wireless keyboard/mouse and 750GB HD is about 20% cheaper than my 24" white iMac with 2.33 GHz, 2 GB memory, wireless keyboard/mouse and the better graphics card was when I bought it two years ago. I guess the value of the dollar also "works in our favour"..... Maybe it's time to upgrade from the white iMac..... but on the...
I don't think so, I am sure you're young enough! And patience is a virtue, or so they tell me. But I guess my stress levels are not what they should be.... maybe my blood pressure should be checked a bit more often....
Yeah, that sounds like the way it should be! I mean it doesn't take forever, but often up to 5 seconds. Right after I installed 10.5.2 I got very quick reconnects (less than one second) if the machine had been asleep for a short time (about an hour or so). If it had been asleep over night the airport function seemed to restart from scratch after sleep (I got the "hollow" airport symbol you get when you turn off airport and then it reconnected). Now after the driver update...
Three cheers for time machine backups to USB disks! Even though I have a TC myself. Anyway, I had hoped that the airport driver update would speed up airport re-connect after sleep, but no such luck. I can still open the laptop, press cmd-L to open a Safari window, type an address, press return and get the "you are not connected to the internet", and no, I am not really that fast, so that is disappointing. And yes, I have thrown away .plists and network...
The record companies want more control than Apple is giving them, over pricing etc. and I suppose Amazon is doing that. What is a bit odd though is that Warner are selling DRM-free music only through Amazon, and still some Amazon boss was quoted saying that iTunes saved the music industry (or something to that effect, sorry for my bad memory).
Yes you are of course correct! I should have been more clear. What I meant was that when 3 layer HD-DVD:s become the "norm" both systems have enough storage space for most, if not all, movies, that is, the storage space point is not of concern for the future. As far as I know, the only thing that cannot (easily) be improved is the maximum bit rate, and there Blu-Ray has the advantage, at least of these two systems.