or Connect

Posts by json

Yes, but since both system use the same codecs (mostly AVC and VC-1) bitrate becomes an issue. Higher bitrate with the same codec SHOULD give a better picture, unless the authoring is done by people who don't know what they are doing. Both systems can store a lot of data (enough). Currently Blu-Ray can store 50GB to HD-DVD:s 30, but when three layer HD-DVD:s become available it will give HD-DVD the same (or actually even a bit more) storage, that is, both system will store...
This seed update slows down my WLAN in two ways: * When waking my MacBook from sleep it takes about twice as long to reconnect to the WLAN as it did before the update. It's a question of seconds of course, but it is really noticable anyway. I can easily open a new Safari window and start to load a web page before the reconnect is finished (the web page load of course fails since there is no connection). Really annoying. By the way, I have the same problem with 10.4...
What about the noise level of the new 24"? The reason I ask is that I have the previous version (C2D 2.33 GHz 24") and have two really irritating noises: - A crackling sound, possibly from the power supply. - A kind of hollow buzzing sound when I set the screen light intensity to minimum. Possibly both can be attributed to cheap power supply parts and not a fault in my machine only (I have heard similar noises from other 24-inchers). What about the 2.8 GHz...
No real change here after updating (airport patch). My MacBook is still really slow to connect to the WLAN (airport express) after waking from sleep. This started happening after applying the security patch that was released around the time of 10.4.10 (sorry don't remember the number) and the problem is still here. I have tried to delete the airport .plist files and re-create my connection, but no improvment. Maybe I am doing something wrong.... I also have a...
>> T-Mobile is in an alliance of several European mobile telecommunications operators. If they could get all those companies in on the iPhone for Europe it would be awesome! Great coverage all over Europe and, and this is from a purely egotistical standpoint, outstanding coverage in Sweden with Telia. Oh well, one can only hope!
Hopefully! On the other hand Vodafone used to run a network in Sweden, but that was sold to Telenor. So maybe the partner is Telenor. But if it was, they would probably also be partner in Norway, since Telenor is a Norwegian company, but it doesn't look that way on the map. So I suppose we all have to wait and see..... and hope.....
Oh please no! I am only speaking on behalf of us Swedes now, especially we who live outside of the main three cities. For us there is only one viable option: Telia. Much can be said about Telia, and at least some of it not very flattering, but when it comes to geographical coverage and (most of the time) service availability there is no comparison whatsoever in Sweden. The best for us customers would of course be that the iPhone was not connected to just one operator,...
The local dealer got their 24" today and I went there to get a quick listen. It has the crackling sound that can be heard even when the machine is off, but the guy said that was normal (he was almost certain his iMac G5 had it as well, but he was going to double check it). It did not have the humming sound that changes with the display brightness. So maybe it is my 24" that has a fault instead of it being a batch or design fault. I will probably get back there to...
Well, that won't be a problem at "my" store. At least not based on previous "sound checks" I have done there. Since I know where to listen (where on the machine, that is) I am quite confident I will find the noise if it is there.....
Well, it's not getting better.... that's for sure. It used to be a bit different from time to time (worse at times, better at times) but now it seems to be more and more on the worse.... so.... I thought I'd wait until the store get their 24" and check that one out. I don't want to send mine for repair until I (more or less know) it is even possible to get it fixed.