or Connect

Posts by json

Well now I've been back to the shop and spoken with the guys there. They have contacted the service department (they are in another city) and discussed this issue. The service guys said, and of course this is "an educated guess" since they haven't actually checked my machine yet, that it might very well be a faulty component (or card) that is a part of the power supply. This power supply card is located close to the hard drive in the upper part of the...
Good luck on your MacPro! I am sure you're getting a great machine. Yeah, I kind of have a feeling that the problems with the 24" might very well plague most (if not all) of the ones built so far. I think how you react to these noises (or if you at hear them at all) will differ from person to person, just as most other things do. I also found that if I move the machine to different locations, such as closer to or farther away from walls or other furniture, the...
Yeah, it is really annoying.... It seems to me that they have possibly used inferior power converters (if that is the correct word in English....). I heard that the same type of problem plagued the MBP:s at first, so hopefully they will find a cure. Just exchanging it for a new iMac right now might just mean getting another one with the same problem.....
I also have the humming noise, it goes down if I increase the display brightness, and goes up (in volume) if I reduce the brightness. I also have a kind of "crackling" sound when the iMac is sleeping, or if I turn it off (but keep the power cord plugged in). I looked at some photos of a disassembled iMac and it seems to me there is some kind of power converter close to the harddrive and that the sound comes from that one. At least in my machine it is more of a...