or Connect

Posts by fuyutsuki

Come out and say it: COCOA FINDER!
Mac Pro's top selling model at a store? That must have been some promotion! I've heard some confusion over Mac models likely sales figures after the 70% notebooks headline came out. Here's my uninformed guess as to how they break down in general: Model........% MacBook.....30 MacBook Pro 25 MacBook Air 15 iMac........20 Mac Mini.....5 Mac Pro......5 {Dots for spacing as apparently repeat spaces are automatically stripped from comments.) Like I...
Why didn't they just go and call it Windows Mojave anyway?
In a press release today, AppleInsider announced that rumor readers' favourite analyst - Shaw Wu - has taken up a position at a different firm. When asked about his move, Wu muttered something about having being institutionalized, followed by what AppleInsider thinks was a reference to the ghost of Steve Jobs. Whether the analyst was making a forward looking statement or is privy to inside information on the Apple, Inc. CEO is not currently known.
DirectX has long been one of Microsoft's crown jewels. By dragging their feet on OpenGL support in Windows - for a long time "OpenGL" was synonymous with "broken or laggy at best" for gamers - MS won a significant position of leverage for itself in graphics. Simply put: the nascent 3D accelerator market of 3DFX, Matrox, ATI and Nvidia formed in DirectX's image. Why? The usual Windows parlay trick courtesy of Microsoft. If you wanted to sell hardware, you had to support...
Guys, anyone who thinks AMD will be releasing OpenCL aware drivers for their older cards is nuts. I like ATI like the next guy who was 100% Radeon for years. But if the roles were reversed: Nvidia would hold out their labs features for FUTURE products too. In that case, and given the Nvidia chipset now in Apple's ENTIRE portable line (iMac next?) the relationship between Apple and nvidia is clearly closer than ever. ATI and Nvidia alike have left the Mac until last...
Ah! So it's not just PowerPC… My PowerBook's update failed. I left it for a couple of hours and had to just hit reset. The 10.5.6 installed on it now seemed fine at first but then the trackpad stopped clicking, and plugging in a mouse didn't fix it. Downloading combo update to try again… Having a look at Console, I see this repeated many, many times while it was stuck: Dec 15 18:58:11 Johns-PowerBook com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.ReportCrash.SafetyNet[17137]): Exited...
190 MB download in Software Update for my PowerBook on 10.5.5 … I wouldn't read too much into the delta v combo sizes. They've been all over the place with Leopard. I fully expect my Intel desktop to wind up with something quite different.
Another vote for Intel. They are who immediately came to mind.Apple's in a tricky place with Intel right now. They've pissed them off opting for Nvidia's clearly' superior chipset. They already scared them by buying PA Semi for an in-house chip design team. And yet Apple are still 100% committed to Intel for processors for the whole Mac platform through the foreseeable future.Tricky indeed. They're the only company I can think of which Apple would give a shit about not...
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Rock Band.