or Connect

Posts by FineWine

I like the USB. Seriously, iPad is lame for not having it. Not everything can be done wirelessly, there are tons and tons of devices that only use usb, this opens up things a lot... of course, there being no user accessible file system on the iPad is another matter. Anyhow, competition is good. This thing will live or die on how well the OS works in this form factor. 
Wow. Do you guys also like to exercise by jogging along the middle of the freeway at night? Wearing black clothes? Because there is no way in heck I'm going to install 10.5.1. right now. Why be a guinea pig? Wait until the bugs are worked out. I have a 4TB music collection I've collected and tagged extensively over 8 years, and no way, no how, am I going to risk it in even a small way by being an early adopter here. I'm on 10.4.1 and it's served me well. I'm sure it can...
Just as well, I suppose. I'm in no hurry to move to Lion, personally. What's the exact advantage? I'm on SL and fine with it. SL is stable for me, for the most part. I have some PPC apps that require Rosetta, so Lion is actually a downgrade for me - and again, why do I need Lion? What's the "must have" here? The whole iCloud thing leaves me a bit meh. It's useless to me as far as music goes, because I have 2TB of music on my local hard drives, in lossless format. And as...
OK, I'm in a peculiar situation. My wife has a blackberry through work, so we didn't desperately need a smartphone "right this second" and never got around to getting one. At home we have a "feature" phone (some lame Samsung or another). But the thing is, we pay nothing to use the blackberry, and our private cell is on a legacy program through Verizon, for $29.95 a month - with taxes, that's a final cost of $38.00 give or take 30 cents (300 anytime minutes, 100 text...
OK, got it.
It's government being government. No government likes to be scrutinized. So they'll oppose all measures citizens take (such as these apps) to monitor the authorities, even if there is no legal grounds to oppose citizen initiatives, after all free speech exists for a reason, and why should we not be able to communicate, citizen to citizen about police activities on public property? But no, authority hates to be held accountable or reported upon... if it were up to them,...
You are right, trouble is that I'm not fond of Drobos due to proprietary software. But what you say is true.
Thank you very much, themind. This sounds like a plan - I have about 900GB of data, but it is growing.
Hardware: 1) 2.8GHz i7 iMac 2009, running fully updated OS X 10.6.7. 2) Drive A - 4TB Data Tale External Drive - 2TB + 2TB in RAID 1 for 2TB capacity 3) Drive B - 4TB Duo Pro External Drive - 2TB + 2TB in RAID 1 for 2TB capacity I use Drive A as a music server on which I store all my music files organized by iTunes (10.2.2 fully updated), while the iTunes library file is on the iMac. Any music files I add, goes immediately to this drive. I have had a different...
Of course, this is tragic, in that rumor has it this will be the last b-day for Jobs. How very, very sad. I enjoyed Apple products for decades now, since the 80's. I simply don't believe that Apple will be the same without him. I hope for the best, but let's face it. Anyhow, given that this is likely his last b-day, I expect that the upgrades to the MBP should be spectacular - that's the least they can do for such a great man. I'm looking forward to seeing what they...