or Connect

Posts by Rayz

And it'll probably demand access to your location every time you try to use it.
 That's got to be the worst reason for buying any company. So you think that they should drop $8Billion (and contrary to popular belief, 8bill is a lot of money in anyone's book, including Apple's) on a company that will hang around the company's neck, swallowing resources until they can sell it for a fraction of what they bought it for? When folk press Apple to drop huge amounts of money on companies because everyone else is doing it, they forget one thing: Apple doesn't...
They're sueing … for that? Wow.
 And that's why the results of a single survey shouldn't be examined in isolation. I was working on an application years ago. A survey told us that most of our users wanted more customisations. Our usage stats from the app told us that most of our users had never even accessed the customisations screen to see what was available.  My first thought was that they couldn't find the customisations. We moved it, and then our users wanted to know why were 'complicating' things by...
 Interesting, but I don't think it's a big secret that Apple does market research; the question is how do they interpret the results better than anyone else. The company rolls in staggering revenues with a ridiculously small number of services and products. Samsung boasts similar revenues, but has to do it by throwing everything at the wall. Secondly, I'm not convinced by your assertion that Apple does comparative analysis with competing devices to see where they should...
 Some good points, but I'm not seeing this as something Apple will be looking at.  One thing that you have missed when looking at Apple's strategy is that they focus on consumers and creative professionals. They do not service the needs of nerds. There are just not enough people who play games at this level to make it worth Apple's time. Maybe that will change, but right now, spending that kind of money on something like this not the right way to go.  And the fact that...
 I'm astounded by the number of people who think that Apple builds phones just for them. It's worth bearing in mind that Apple probably has access to a lot more user information than you.  They know which demographics buy lots of apps, music and videos, and which demographics just want two or three apps and bit of occasional surfing.
 Mmmm. Owning an Android phone sounds like a lot of work ....
If Samsung makes the best components then Apple should keep buying those components.   And if Samsung has infringed Apple's IP then Apple should continue to pursue them for compensation.   One should not interfere with the other.
When asked to comment on the book, Cook should have said, 'I haven't read it.'   The book is crap. The reviewers know it's crap. The author knows it's crap; her objective is to keep people talking about it for as long as she can.   I don't think Tim was as concerned by his portrayal; he was probably incensed by the portrayal of Apple's employees, and while his instinct to stand up for his staff is admirable, I think this was a poor response.