or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Are they actually undoing the law or just making it easier for people to appeal against existing patents?
  Well, this isn't actually a 'news' site, is it?  The problem is that most of Apple's customers don't tend to spend web time surfing Mac rumour sites, which means that best way for these blogs to attract hits is to bring in Android users, who do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on Mac rumour sites.   It's a shame to see AppleInsider hit the skids like this (I suspect falling readership is the reason behind it), but it's the way of the world it seems. Now I...
  So far? None, I think.   But a whole bucket load are under review.
Unfortunately, the number of pages in a thread is no real indicator of problem size. For example, here's a few observations from the thread you cited:A lot of people are complaining.A lot of people are posting the same complaint more than once.A lot of people are posting to say the service is great and they're having no problems.A lot of people are posting to say the service is great and they're having no problems, more than once.And one person who says he has no problems...
Mmm. Aside from a horrendous day with the messages service, it's worked flawlessly for me since they launched it.   I agree with the bloke who said they should provide regional information for the outages, then perhaps we won't have websites like this one using every outage as a way to attract troll hits.   And I'd like a female voice for Siri in the UK, preferably Joanna Lumley. 
  Why is it the 'give me five inches or give me death' brigade are always foaming at the mouth? It's very simple: Apple doesn't want to make a big-screen phone (for whatever reason); there are plenty of other companies that do; if having a big screen on your phone is the most important thing to you then just buy another phone.
  Actually, the discounts only apply to the older iPad models, not the new one -- no real surprise there.   The big price slash on the iPhone5 is also not the first time this has happened; Walmart was discounting them on pre-order back in September. And the actual size of the discount really depends on the price of the two year contract that you HAVE to take out with the phone. I expect that Wal-Mart is seeing a cut of that.    And I suspect that Wal-Mart probably isn't...
  If I leave a window open and you climb inside and nick my stuff, that is still burglary - even if I left the window open.   What Google did was break the trust of their users.   Unforgivable
    Well, that's what the report said, if you have anything to refute it, aside from guesswork, then please share.     Which makes not a lot of difference. Apple was using data from a third party provider with an ambiguous town marking.       Accurate? Maybe. Unambiguous? No. The app will only be ever as good as the data you give it. That's software 101, I'm afraid.
  Actually, I thought it was very interesting.