or Connect

Posts by Rayz

I'm sure that during the average working day, Apple 'mulls' a lot of things. Is this really so shocking that it needs reporting?
  I also think they shouldn't have two compass icons on the same screen. Minor thing.
  When someone uses the word 'architect' when applied to UI design, my BS meter redlines. And your belief that Apple should 'hide' elements from developer just so the press gives them an easier ride clearly demonstrates that you have no clue what a beta is for.       Ah, "apologist" used in the context of 'Anyone who doesn't agree with me."   And I'm afraid your view of Jobs as an infallible IT messiah is revisionist at best. Final Cut Pro X was released under his...
  You can say this as much as you want, but folk will still bang on about duff icons and thin fonts, and they will still see the word 'beta' and read it as 'golden master'. This happens with every big change that Apple makes and I would have been disappointed if it hadn't happened with this one. Other things to look out for:   The liberal use of the phrase 'most', as in 'most users', 'most developers', 'most graphic designers'. What they really mean is 'vocal users',...
This is pretty much what I was thinking. This latest line of questioning struck me as desperate: trying to "break" the witness with irrelevant attacks. Even if the iBooks business is a failure, is tht against the law? Shouldn't the government then be asking the same questions in regard to Amazon's entire business model?
  Tell 'em. They might fix it.
I disagree; Craig was in a class of his own. He worked the crowd, got the information across, threw in a gag about his hair. It was a great segment.Tim came across as the Numbers Guy, which is okay; I wouldn't want to see him demoing a product.Well done to the Anki boys for a calm recovery on the most important day of their working lives.
Either that, or Craig's demo where he had himself listed under 'hair products'.
  Because the icons can be fixed of course. Folk are behaving like this is the golden master or something. If it was then they'd release it now.
  Okay, I easily identified all the icons in the  control centre because I've come across them in the settings. Is it likely that folk will use the control centre shortcut before they have explored the settings of the phone? Secondly, when you press the button, the control centre displays a message to say what just happened. Not sure what it does? Tap it then tap it again. The icons on the bottom are pretty self-explanatory, so why label them? The buttons on the leftmost...