or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Not here; AppleInsider has been regurgitating the marketing content of Samsung's website for years.   I can see what you're saying though. It looks like they've just copied large wodges of text and put a few phrases around them.  I guess that's what separates journalism from hit-whoring.
  But these blokes were being paid.   Apple really needs to start spending some money on fighting fire with fire. I'm not saying they should start paying people to plant fake opinions (I'd hate them to stoop that low), but some kind of lobbying effort is needed right now. That's what Google and Samsung are doing and that's probably why Apple will lose out in the courts in the end.
  Why is that legal?   Why is THIS legal.   http://www.tealeafnation.com/2013/03/prominent-weibo-users-paid-to-bash-apple-introducing-chinas-820-party/   Does make you wonder where Samsung's 'marketing' millions actually goes.
  Nicely done ... :-)
  That's a big 'if'.   Samsung lives and dies by its specs, so I'd be very surprised if they didn't stick the latest version of Android on the new model.
Agreed.
  If the companies are simply selling to the channel then they may not know exactly how many of their phones make it into the hands of consumers.
  Yes, of course I am ...
Well, I'm not really sure it's valid to include all of Samsung's handsets because Apple only sells smartphones. As it stands, they outsold all of Samsung's smartphones.   http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apples-old-iphone-iphone-4s-142300162.html   But as you say, they didn't outsell all of Samsung on dumb phones. Apple were also soundly beaten by Samsung's refrigerator sales, aircraft part sales, tv sets, sound equipment, car parts, processor and memory sales, robotics...
  It's odd that you think a measure of effective marketing is how much you spend on it.   Microsoft has spent a billion on Windows8/Surface advertising, but doesn't appear to have made that much of an impact.   And even though Samsung spent more in marketing, they were still outsold by the iPhone5 AND the older iPhone4 last quarter.