or Connect

Posts by Rayz

"The problem is partly due to the fact that Apple only had four people leading the company’s work on Core Data as of last year, a source close to Apple has told me. The company has simply not expressed any desire to fix Core Data syncing."   Yes, I usually stop reading when I read 'a source close to ______'
I'm not sure how any of this can work unless Apple also runs the pipe as well as delivering the content.
  Right, cautiously optimistic, but keep your finger on that big red button on your armrest, Tim; the one labelled 'Shark Pool'.
  An opinion from TechCrunch: http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/19/departing-adobe-cto-and-cloud-guru-kevin-lynch-joining-apple-to-become-vp-of-technology/   Browett and Forstall demonstrated the same destructive trait: they were more concerned with collecting feathers for their caps than for the company as a whole. Nothing wrong with ambition, but in Forstall's case this led to Maps being not up to snuff when it was released. Browett was worse; he tried to make his name by...
Mmmm. Not sure. Jobs said Flash was rubbish for the mobile world. This chap was tasked with fixing that. He failed so badly that Adobe was forced to pretty much abandon mobile Flash. Well at least he doesn't have an MBA.
As a non-investor (in anything) could someone tell me why Apple needs to worry about the stock price? I mean it's not as if they need the cash, so if the stock crashed to $10 then how would that affect Apple?   Microsoft's stock hasn't moved in ten years, and the effect on the company appears to be zilch. In fact, no one seems to give them any grief about it at all, so they're free to do whatever it is they're doing without any distraction.
  Laughed until I remembered that this is exactly how Apple operates: wait (for years) and watch everyone else fail, then come up with something that does it right.
  I don't think these things will take off until they can be made into contact lenses.
  Oh, they're not going to be first. Samsung doesn't do 'first'.
  1/. What percentage of Apple's customers have 200+ applications?   2/. What percentage of Apple's customers care which apps are running?   3/. What percentage of Apple's customers spend all day switching wifi, bluetooth, tethering, airplane mode etc.?   Actually, I'm going to stop there. Your list reads like someone who wants a desktop operating system running on a phone. You need to buy a PC and strap it to the side of your head.