or Connect

Posts by Rayz

If I leave a window open and you climb inside and nick my stuff, that is still burglary - even if I left the window open.   What Google did was break the trust of their users.   Unforgivable
    Well, that's what the report said, if you have anything to refute it, aside from guesswork, then please share.     Which makes not a lot of difference. Apple was using data from a third party provider with an ambiguous town marking.       Accurate? Maybe. Unambiguous? No. The app will only be ever as good as the data you give it. That's software 101, I'm afraid.
  Actually, I thought it was very interesting.
  The reason is very simple: Apple doesn't design products for cheapskate tech nerds who hang around in web forums wailing about how they'll jump to Android if the next iPhone doesn't have a sixty-inch screen, a fifty-year battery life, runs OSX, fits in a matchbox, and costs $29.99   Apple designs products for busy people with... er... lives.
Suing each other one minute, making sweet sweet love the next.   Weird.  
  Because calling out Apple makes for a fan fodder .... :-)
  No, the number of posts here represent a relatively small number of people who are not what you'd call typical Apple consumers - they're mostly techies or Android/Google fans.    Incidentally, it turns out that the problem was caused by a POI problem. Apple was using data provided by the Australian Gazetteer, the official go-to guide for this type of information. Yes, the dataset came from the state of Victoria itself. Which brings me back to my original point: the...
  Perhaps the reason they haven't changed the marketing materials is because they have a better idea of the real size of the problem, rather than guesswork based on the rumblings on the internet. This report, and the accompanying hysteria you've been swept along by, is based on a handful of people getting lost. How many others are actually reaching their destination using Apple Maps? Six, seven, or a few more than that?   I take your point on the advertising though. I...
  And how would that help Australia?
  Unfortunately, some people don't.      http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/30/3362727/death-by-gps-in-desert.html   Your comment made me think of this story because of something the police officer said: