or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Right, I'm not explaining myself very well.   The Android phone makers who also make Windows PCs will happily pay the Android fee and agree to disable the features that Microsoft tells them to, to protect the price of their Windows license.   MS cannot force companies to use their phone software, but there's nothing stopping them from hiking the fees to the likes of Samsung who don't agree to pay the Android fees.
  People who say otherwise are geeks most probably.   Normal consumers don't want to think that their phone is out of date six months after they signed a two year contract on it.
  I'm speaking generally. The whole Apple infringement thing is way too loud. I wanted  to know how Microsoft managed to creep around the tech sector, extracting royalties from the Android OEMs and telling them what functions they could include on their phones the (including Samsung) - all without raising a ripple.   The answer is of course, Windows.    Many of the companies who make Android phones also make Windows computers. The last thing they want is to risk a sudden...
You see that's the difference between Apple and Microsoft; Microsoft goes about this much more quietly.
  My guess is that someone is trying to sabotage iPhone5 sales.
  And it turns out that the stories about Samsung cutting screen supplies to Apple were also untrue.   http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57537773-37/samsung-says-its-still-supplying-lcd-panels-to-apple/
  The details come from an unnamed person allegedly familiar with negotiations between the two companies.   Yup, that's always a winner.
  True enough, and I imagine that Apple expected this. It's worth the short term hit, IMO. The sooner they're shot of Samsung, the better.
  No, he's not. This is not about the design of the iPad.  Samsung went to court to get a ruling that they had not copied one of earlier Apple's designs. This was not the design for any shipping iPad model. Samsung would not risk fighting this on the actual iPad design because they have already been slapped with an injunction in Germany.   Considering that the case was not about the iPad design, the judge was foolish to bring the iPad design into it by saying the Samsung...
  Very true. Look at the way Samsung got away with leaking documents to the press when Judge Koh told them that they were not admissible as evidence.     Hang on a moment.   In July, UK Judge Colin Birss handed ordered Apple to post a notice on the homepage of its website saying Samsung did not copy the design of the iPad.   and   The court found the added content to be false and sought to "undermine the intent" of the order, specifically citing a quote from Judge Birss...