or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Apple should hire Oracle's lawyers. 
Well, that was pretty cringeworthy. Trying to sound as if they understand design and failing quite badly.
 Amazing how often you still here that old Xerox story, isn't it? Here are a few other desperate statement that have made the rounds over the past couple of days: Hah! See Apple is also a slavish, criminal copier! Forgetting that two wrongs don't make a right, it seems that a number of Android fans believe that Apple being found guilty of infringing on an essentially worthless patent (c'mon, $152,000? That wouldn't even buy a house) was some sort of turning point, and now...
 Yes you can with Microsoft, but not with Apple because Apple is not in the same market as Google and Microsoft. Google and Microsoft compete in the handset market: phones upon which you can, in theory, install any operating system you like. Apple is in a market by itself: the iPhone market; the OS and the phone is a single entity that cannot be split.  The difference is subtle, but from a legal standpoint, it means Apple do what it likes because the iPhone and the...
Not so sure about this phablet thing.   If they were so popular (outside of fan forums) then why did Samsung have to mislead investors over their phablet sales.   And then there's the recent JD Power survey.   In the 'next phone must-have' round, big screens didn't even make the list. So how popular are they, really?   I think there's a big screen iPhone on the way, but 5.5"?  I don't see it myself.
Here's what one comic writer thinks about it: http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/27/gerry-conway-the-comixology-outrage/
 Since you don't have the cost figures for running the app store you can't possibly know. In 2011, Horace Dediu (the only analyst worth listening to) estimated that the online store costs $1.3billion per year to run I don't think it's going to get much cheaper, so yes, $1billion sounds a lot like 'break even'. http://www.asymco.com/2011/06/13/itunes-now-costs-1-3-billionyr-to-run/
What is the point of these people?   Masters of hindsight.
And much what you suggested could have been avoided if Apple had used some of that wonga pile for lobbying.
This is going to be verrrry expensive. 😕