or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Apple is looking for a system that is convenient so folk have to use it.  So, to unlock my phone, I have to tap the screen to crank up the camera then stand perfectly still with the phone about an inch from my face while it takes the scan. I'm also not sure that the camera that the front camera is going to be good enough to make that work.
 Yes, this is the part that confused me. Given the way the touch id is supposed to work then I'm not sure how that can produce a successful reading, unless the part about reading the subdermal layer is simply to ensure that the finger is alive. While I'm sure that CCC is not making this up, I'm not that sure how relevant it is. To begin with, the equipment and effort required is beyond just about every casual  out most iPhone users will ever encounter. Secondly, this...
 That's a 100,000 people who have not seen the phone and don't know what it's going to cost them, but have ordered it anyway.
Though I've not had cause to try it, I understand that you can dial emergency numbers without unlocking the phone.
I don't think I've seen this much fear in the anti-Apple crowd for quite some time. Bodes well for the 5C. "I can buy two crap phones for the price of a good one." Seriously?
Astounding.   They didn't even change the shape one iota ....  
 Not quite sure what you're implying here. The filing date for the first patent (US8212859) is October 13, 2006The second patent has a priority date of October 13, 2006. So what's wrong with setting the priority date of the second patent to the filing date of the first?
 When I read this I thought "He can't be serious." Then I remembered that you're the chap who insists Google has no control over Motorola's FRAND antics. So maybe you are serious. Head over to Google. Type "apple is doomed says analyst" in the search box. Be amazed.
When Apple first announced the store chain, a lot pundits thought it was a bad idea because online shopping was the future. Apple pressed on regardless and I understand that the stores are doing pretty well.I suspect that Apple will one day set up some kind of comms network with stations inside the stores, so potential sales may not be the only reason to open a store.
Interesting stuff, which sort of highlights the advantage that Apple has over much of the competition: they're masters of the platform switch and they're not at all proud.I would guess that with their own in-house design team, the expertise at ARM; the ability to optimise their software to their processors; the resources they pour into battery technology, screen tech and memory optimisation they are in a position to match any Intel based tablet once it's in the user's...