or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Possibly the most desperate attempt to generate news I've seen in years.
 The most likely answer is that Apple and Mrs Ahrendts agreed the start date  when they offered her the job, and the Guardian has no idea what that date is. Quality paper or not, the Guardian likes to make sales, and Apple speculation is a huge draw for online readers.
 I think it's called 'flogging your customers' details for fun and profit'. Don't think there's an abbreviation though.
 Nothing new. Carriers have always pushed Android the iWare for one reason or another: they cost more, they can't control the platform, Apple won't let them load them down with crapware . . .  And Apple is squeezing them hard because it wants more sales of iWare to go through the Apple stores. The problem that the carriers have is that people want an iPhone, but they settle for an Android. It's not an ideal situation for them.
 ... and yet hardly any of them ever show up online. Remarkable.
An NFC chip? No, I don't think so.
And it'll probably demand access to your location every time you try to use it.
 That's got to be the worst reason for buying any company. So you think that they should drop $8Billion (and contrary to popular belief, 8bill is a lot of money in anyone's book, including Apple's) on a company that will hang around the company's neck, swallowing resources until they can sell it for a fraction of what they bought it for? When folk press Apple to drop huge amounts of money on companies because everyone else is doing it, they forget one thing: Apple doesn't...
They're sueing … for that? Wow.
 And that's why the results of a single survey shouldn't be examined in isolation. I was working on an application years ago. A survey told us that most of our users wanted more customisations. Our usage stats from the app told us that most of our users had never even accessed the customisations screen to see what was available.  My first thought was that they couldn't find the customisations. We moved it, and then our users wanted to know why were 'complicating' things by...