or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Have you got any references for these claims?
Reading some of the posts, you'd think that Apple was never going to improve it, that they'd wiped the old version from the machine, and that folk don't take backu… Hang on; scratch that last one.
The interesting thing about the support note is that it doesn't contain even a hint of an apology. Apple pretty much expected this reaction from a fairly vocal minority living inside the internet echo chamber and decided to weather it until they get the package up to snuff. Contrast this with the original Maps release; the backlash took them completely by surprise, though I was suspicious when Apple started buying back stock the day after Cook issued the apology.
Yup, first thing that occurred to me when this all blew up.For years, we've been told that iWorks isn't a professional tool, and that Apple needs to bloat it to make it a replacement for Office. Now, power-users and folk who are using it to run their businesses are popping up all over the place. Most odd.
Well, they could have done this, but it would have made little difference: people would still complain about the missing features. What's worse is that new customers and people for whom the missing stuff would make little difference would see this as Apple telling them that they are releasing incomplete software. Who would use it?Releasing it without saying anything means that people have tried it and given feedback. Apple now knows what needs to be sided back as a...
 Er, nothing you have said disproves anything about the 'fair licensing' argument.  An SEP must be licensed under fair and equitable terms and must not be used to blackmail the competition into letting you steal their stuff – which is what Samsung attempted to do. Now, is the RockStar consortium refusing to license the patents under fair and equitable terms?  http://www.fosspatents.com/2013/11/failed-44-billion-bid-for-nortel.html Having watched Samsung having its head...
 The answer is simple: hit-whoring.  Contrary to popular belief, Apple leaks a lot less than it used to. In the good old days, AppleInsider had access to juicy, hard-to-get snippets of information that were surprisingly accurate. Over the past few years, Apple has become ever more secretive, and until a product actually hits manufacturing, pundits have no clue (seriously, no clue at all) about what Apple is up to and what it plans to do in the next couple of years.With no...
 Exactly, and let's not forget that the old apps are still on your Mac.
 I think they learned to ignore the whining in the internet echo chamber, and carry on rebuilding the product until it is better than the one it replaces. In iWorks, a lot of the functionality is gone, and a lot of it has just moved someplace else.  As many many many others have pointed out  the old apps are still on the machine, so you can carry on using them. What amazes me is all the 'professional' iWork users who are losing business because iWorks is no longer a...
Spot on.If this is how they go about product design, then their next watch will have a six-inch screen and a clip-on battery pack.But I think folk are missing the point of this dreadful piece of engineering.Samsung knows it's crap, but they won't know how to build a better one until Apple releases a smart watch. When they end up in court for copying it, then it may help to have a 'first to market' device to wave in the jurors' faces.Or it may lead to lots of png files...