or Connect

Posts by Rayz

Sounds a lot like the situation with Final Cut ProX: First release, much wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I expect that Apple has torn everything down to the bare essentials so they can rebuild the software from the ground up. The question is, how long will it take them?   I don't have a problem with the rewrite (I don't tend to do a lot of complex stuff on Pages anyway), but as with FCPx and iMovie and Maps, the communication was poorly handled. 
 This is what I find really bizarre. Until last week, no one said that Numbers was a competitor to Excel, or that Pages was suitable for 'heavyweight' document work. Now, after the latest upgrades, all these people have appeared who were using Numbers for serious financial modelling and using Pages to crack out technical books and novels of 500+ pages. And now of course, they can't do that anymore. Where have they been hiding all this time?
 Yup, Apple is swimming in cash, so I hope exercise a little leniency in return for good press.
I'd say they understood Samsung's 'fundamental principles' just fine....
First of all, this notion that 'shareholders own the company' is an urban myth.http://www.directorship.com/stout-shareholders-as-owners/When you buy company, you do so in the hope of a return; there is no legal requirement that states you're entitled to it. You do not get partial ownership in the company; you get the chance to earn some money if the company does well. What you have in your eager hands is a lottery ticket, and having a lottery ticket doesn't mean you own a...
As CEO of T-Mobile, he's probably got every Smartphone they sell littering his house. And most of them remain plugged into the mains, showing their lockscreen. But even when he 's going to tweet about Samsung, using the Samsung to do it didn't enter his head? That's quite telling. As for these pop star folk. I think they're doing it deliberately. They're happy to take a few dollars for a quick tweet, as long as it doesn't make them look uncool. "Yup, Samsung make...
This is possibly the worst analogy I've ever seen. Let's start with the plainly obvious: reading a magazine is different to listening to music. Secondly, you have mistakenly compared a single magazine to a collection of albums. For your analogy to make sense, I would have to pick up two hundred magazines in one go and then try to flip through them. A cumbersome activity that wouldn't find me the magazine I wanted as quickly as going to the rack and picking it out – and...
You asked '100 people' ? :-DEven if you weren't lying, that's not a very large sample, considering the number of people who are running it.And how did you frame the question of your imaginary poll ?Did you ask, 'What do you think of IOS7?'Or was it more along the lines of. 'IOS7 is really bad, don'tcha think?'
 It's called 'Browettism', or an inability to adjust your thinking. It was named after a retail director who, for a short time, was put in charge of one of the world's most profitable retail chains, and then tried to turn into a bargain basement outfit because that's what he was used and that's how he knew things worked.The same mentality applies to analysts. They've been educated to believe that market-share is king and everything else (like profits) is just a throwaway...
 Yes, I miss real IT news ...