or Connect

Posts by Neruda

This is 100% right, but lets break this down to its constituent parts and underlying assumptions: 1. People prefer what they now over superior choices: People cannot make an informed choice between what they know and the unknown. What is known is always a safer choice though it may not be the best one. For example, how can a Windows user make in informed choice between Windows (what they know) and the Mac OS (what they don't know) if they don't bother to learn the Mac...
This is tantamount to saying that Apple has given up on the professional market for a wider share of the consumer market. You may be right, and if that proves to be the case my point stands: most pros will switch to something else (Avid, in my case). There are a lot of rumblings on the net to this effect, unlike those attending the presentation at NAB.Remember all of those worries that pros had that Apple was dumbing down FCP and the uproar that it caused? Remember all of...
I don't think that these changes bode well for Apple's professional users. I agree 100% with the comments in the article below. http://gizmodo.com/#!5793175/why-final-cut-pro-x-is-sending-me-back-to-avid/^comments A lot of pros will probably end up switching to something else if the iMovie-like nonsense is not rolled back somewhat (reserving final judgement on this until we use FCPX). We'll use 7 for as long as we can and use the time to begin to transition to Avid or...
Do the following: open iMovie 11. Look at the interface, then look at the pics of FCPX and then tell me that you don't understand where the comparisons are coming from.You and I cannot list anything with any authority yet because the product has not been released and neither of us has used it yet. So when you say that "the new look is vastly improved" and "color correction is better" etc.... you are you basing that on exactly what I'm basing my comments on? Nothing but...
I apologize for not answering your question directly, but read the concerns raised in this thread.
Fear of the unknown is a factor (as in, I fear this new UI is a total POS). However, I am reserving my final conclusion on this until after I've used and had enough time to learn FCPX. I think the linked article expresses a lot of the fears that Pro users have about FCPX. Whether they turn out to be unfounded or not remains to be seen. It's hard to resist the comparison (and I hate iMovie).From http://www.easternews.net/1372/final...-june-for-299/That is true to a certain...
People are already calling this iMovie Pro.
I tend to agree that this might be a possibility. Some people will use FCP no matter what Apple does or does not do to it (few have a problem with replacing the timeline with an iMovie like filmstrip, seriously? Is it just me? Hope some semblance of a timeline is still in there). I for one, have access to the latest Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and FCP (we have all three on our editing labs and roll out updates regularly) and will not use FCP if the UI is in fact...
I hear you, but the UI is the main way to make all of these professional features work and I absolutely hate the iMovie UI. I just think it is absolutely retarded IMO.Yes. Are Compressor/Color also 64 bit, GCD and Open CL optmized.Good point, but that didn't stop Ubillos from going from iMovie 6 (very similar to the current versions of Fina Cut) to iMovie 7 (which was nothing like anything). The speed improvements and features might be worth the upgrade, but it looks like...
I know what this reminds me of: http://twitpic.com/4k7835 I'll reserve final judgment until I actually use it, but I freaking hate iMovie 10's UI. Damn you Randy.