or Connect

Posts by Neruda

I hate this. In addition, one could command click on the title bar of any Safari 3 window to get a drop down list of recently visited websites. Safari 4's tab on top breaks this (correct me if I am wrong about this). I have downgraded to Safari 3.
I need advice on the following: I currently produce content for a high school website which we steam with Windows Server 2003 and Windows Media Services (video on demand) through the library's website. There are several problems with this: 1. I use Macs to produce the videos (Final Cut Pro), which then have to be outputted via Compressor from FCP, copied over to the Windows computer, and converted to Windows Media files using ProCoder 3. This is incredibly inefficient....
Apple asks its customers to purchase Mac OS knowing that it is to be used only with Apple computers," the judge wrote. "It is certainly entitled to do so."" End of case.
Excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? I was so focused on the Finder that I completely overlooked the Dock.I wonder why Apple has apparently overlooked this. It should not be this difficult for an admin to set the Finder up and lock it so that non-admin users can't change the sidebar, and the simple finder setting is pretty close to useless.Thanks Marvin.
I tried to GTFA but could not find a solution to this anywhere and I guess there is no solution. Is there any way to lock the items that appear on the Finder's sidebar? We put a network folder in the sidebar for students to submit their work and kids keep removing it. I tried the following command in the Terminal to look at the Finder's defaults, and the only setting there was SidebarWidth: defaults read com.apple.Finder >> ~/Desktop/finderdefaults.doc The dock's...
Seriously. Ballmer has stated that MS will seek to duplicate Apple's tight software/hardware integration...their commercials are a direct response (and take a line from) to Apple's ad's...Windows 7 now has a dock-like taskbar...they want to start their own Apple-styled facebook... What is next? MS reminds me of a Simpsons episode where network execs in need of new show ideas whip out portable TVs and start watching shows on other channels.Microsoft is like (but not exactly...
We usually record to tape on one of our VTRs in the studio and everything is usually connected to an APC power back up, except that we are performing maintenance (rewiring everything) and both were not available that day. The file is 23gigs, so hopefully I'll be able to salvage some of the footage from it. Thanks for your help Marvin.
We were recording an event with our studio cameras by capturing live into final cut pro. Unfortunately, about three hours into the event the power in the building went out due to bad weather in the area. There is a file in the capture scratch folder for the event (23gigs), but the file does not open. We've tried converting it with Compressor, iSquint, ProCoder, FileJuicer...but no program recognizes the file. Any suggestions? Similar...
Well, to answer my own question, a California Judge recently ruled that Sprint's early terminatin fees are illegal. As I alluded in my original dialogue with another poster, there is no legal precedent for this type of ruling:"Though the decision could be appealed, it's the first in the country to declare the fees illegal in a state and could affect other similar lawsuits, with broad implications for the nation's fast-growing legions of cell phone users." "On June 12, a...
What Mac OS are you using? OS 10.2 and later include the Devaganari font (search for it in Font Book application).What application are you trying to type the symbol in? Office 2004, textedit and various browsers support the Unicode character for the symbol. See this website. The Unicode for OM is Option+0950To use Unicode in OS X: 1. System preferences>International>Input Menu: select Unicode Hex Input. Make sure that show input menu in the menu bar is checked.I'm using...