or Connect

Posts by Artanis

I have a printer (HP 2420) and I want to install it on a 12" powerbook with Tiger. The printer is on our LAN plugged in our switch. I want to install this printer on IP Printer protocol. In order to do this, i need to find out her IP. How can I do this?
It is a POP3 and I have deleted all the rules (but there weren't rules attached to that folder). I wonder where it places those emails, because it shows that receives them and doesn't place them in any folder anymore (because I've deleted that folder)?
It seems that I've stated the problem wrong, sorry for that. Today I got my feedback from my coleague as she returned from her trip....... The thing is that the folder doesn't have a rule attached to it. It is just a simple folder used to manualy place emails inside of it. However, the error remains. Today I've deleted the folder hopping that the error will dissapear. And now my result is catastrofic, Entourage receives the email but doesn't place them in any folder...
I have Entourage (from Microsoft Office 2004 full version) installed on a 12'' Powerbook (Tiger OS) at my workplace. It has a big problem. All the emails that are received by the person are placed NOT in Inbox, but in one of her folders that she created for one of her contacts (that folder has an attached rule, but the rule is ok, I checked it, I have 70 folders with rules settings and I have no problem). So, absolutely all the emails are directed and stored by...
I want to backup a folder from a mounted server in my Mac. I don't care if I backup it in a folder or a disk image, I just need those files to be backuped using a schedule on my machine. Unfortunately, I don't think that Super Duper has this feature, and anyway I prefer something free. So what do you guys recomend me to use if I want to backup a folder from a remote server into my machine and being scheduled? Like I said I don't care in what kind of format that...
Does someone know about an utility with which I could make my folders transparent? (not invisibile, but with a certain degree of opacity) 10x
Who knows, maybe in Leopard this could be possible. Anyway the ideea would be to drag it over the folder icon only in the "get info" dialog, otherwise this function could be easely mistakened with placing that file inside the folder.
First I want to state that the Mac in trouble is still the G4 Powerbook, the printers work fine on Mac Mini via LAN. The printers have a Ethernet built-in. This is the way they are connected to our LAN. They are plugged directly in the switch. The guy that installed them, came and installed them on each Mac in the office with the cds. The thing is that I don't want to print via the Mac Mini. Is there any way I can fix this by reinstalling the drivers with the cds myself?...
Yes I am able to see them in the "Add new printer dialog" on both Apple talk and Rendevous protocols. However, after I add them, when I try to print something in Word it says that no printer is available in "Printer Studio".
Sorry for the double post, but it works. The "select account" feature is available only for the Tiger OS. Lucky for me, the Mini Mac has Tiger.I have a problem with the printers also, I can't believe it. The thing is that my printers are on LAN and they are not password protected. I can't find any printer in my keychain.What form should their name have?I have a Laser Jet 3700 color and a Laser Jet 2420.Could I connect to them using the same smb trick? and if so how I find...