or Connect

Posts by Drealoth

I think that the hardest thing that Apple is going to have is that as a fashion item, it's not great if the watch is ubiquitous. This is where I think that Android will actually do well, if they can convince experienced watch makers end up using Android Wear to release their own smart watches. In any case, it'll be interesting to see what (if anything) Apple does. Still kind of think this wearables thing is a fad.
I got the previous edition, 2.3GHz 16GB RMBP 15, and it's the nicest laptop that I've ever owned. I only have two complaints about the machine: I wish that it had one more USB port, and it is useable but uncomfortable in economy seats in airplanes (not sure what Apple can do about the latter). Surprisingly though, it's not uncomfortable to lug around. Otherwise, it's everything that I could want - great battery life, fast as heck and buttery smooth. I wish that Apple...
So I bought this keyboard set: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Sculpt-Ergonomic-Desktop-L5V-00001/dp/B00CYX54C0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396125203&sr=8-2&keywords=microsoft+sculpt   The keyboard and mouse are fantastic, however it doesn't seem that Microsoft offers drivers for it on their website. While the basic functionality works just by plugging it in, special functionality doesn't - ie. the function keys special functions, extra mouse buttons, or the special buttons...
Imagine if Google got together with app developers and got them to agree to raise prices on all platforms, so everyone would make more money. Would you agree with this practice?
Roughly in order:   EDIT: 0. Agree that LTE would be awesome. Great feature across all of Apple's laptops..    1. Higher resolution screens. MacBook Airs have the worst displays of any Apple product right now, and while they're not awful, they're falling further and further behind the rest of the world. So high res, high quality displays are my #1 wish.   2. I hope that the rumored 12" MacBook Air turns out to be the 11" MacBook Air but with a slightly taller screen,...
 In the Olympics, let's say we have two athletes competing across five races. Athlete one gets Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Bronze.Athlete two gets Silver, Bronze, Silver, Bronze, Gold. Or in terms of place on the podium, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 1/3and 2/3, 1/3, 2/3, 1/3, 3/3 Who has the better total time? The answer is, you can't tell from what I've told you alone. If it turns out that for the first four events the difference between the two was only a few seconds, but in the last...
I'm a bit perplexed by this machine. I feel like it's a bit awkwardly squished between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro 15".   The Pro 15" seems like the best laptop money can buy. I can't think of a critique of it, other than wishing that it was cheaper (not that it should be cheaper, but I find it's hard to justify spending $3000 on a laptop these days).   The MacBook Air is a revolutionary machine - endless battery life, great hardware, great keyboard - but a...
How the scoring ratings work: http://www.jdpower.com/about/power-circle-ratings.htm   Basic point is, they are relative to their peers, NOT a score out of five.   Of note: "The highest-ranking company or brand in each segment receives five Power Circles*. In highly competitive segments with many companies or brands, multiple companies or models scoring in the top 10 percent of the range from the highest score can also receive five Power Circles, indicating that...
Twice the battery life of the old iMac.
  Price fixing is illegal.   Look, I don't think that Apple was trying to do anything nefarious here - but I do think that in this case they were on the wrong side of the law, and probably some members of their legal team are looking for jobs after this.   The problem is that ending competition based on price is bad for consumers.   Consider - imagine that all of the major manufacturers of displays got together and decided that displays will now be sold for $1000 each,...