or Connect

Posts by Drealoth

I mean, syncing contacts from an Android phone to an iOS phone and back again is not trivial.   The iPhone has lots of great features, don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic platform - I didn't intend to say otherwise. Not taking any side really, just sharing my experience switching back and forth between the iPhone 5 and Galaxy Nexus. At my heart, I'm a gadget lover - I love seeing new things, new paradigms, and so on :). Although on the topic of voice mail, on Android...
  The ecosystem is definitely an issue, but I'm not going to give Apple a pass just because they've got me locked in. And honestly, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Contacts in particular are a big annoyance, since as far as I know they can't easily be maintained across two phones. Dropbox fixes a lot of the data issues, and most of the apps that I use have now Android versions as well and are just account based. Certainly hiccups here and there, but not...
I love this. This is exactly how phone contracts should be set up. Very transparent. T-Mobile seems to be rocking it lately.
I hope that this year is a big turn around for Apple, because honestly, I've been a bit underwhelmed lately. I think that Apple still wins on the quality bar for their devices - even software aside, Apple makes the best laptops (although I think Lenovo does better keyboards, Lenovo does terrible displays), and tablets and phones.   The iPhone's getting kind of boring though - it's nice, solid hardware - but I've been switching back and forth between the iPhone 5 and...
I think that Apple needs to do something. I feel like iPhones lately have just been iterative improvements - fantastic hardware and software to be sure, but nothing too exciting over the previous version, whereas Android and Windows Phone have been making leaps of improvements. With the Galaxy Nexus and Jelly Bean 4.2, I think that Android is finally in the same league as Apple - and Apple has gotten a bit complacent as it took five years for competitors to catch...
  Maybe, I don't remember which one I used. And I mean, it wasn't unusable or anything like that, but noticeably less fluid than my MacBook Air. I found the same thing with the iPad 3 (the old new iPad) versus the iPad 2.   Retina displays are amazing though. It's not just that they look great, but after looking at one, every other display looks terrible.
Are the rMBP's still choppy?  I played with the original gen ones in the store, and while the display is awesome, it lagged on things like Expose and scrolling in Safari. I think I'm going to pick one up with Haswell, but just curious if choppiness is still happening.
I really like the Surface RT, but it shows Microsoft's knack for getting 90% of the way there and then losing their way. I never thought that another tablet could make the iPad feel cheap, but Surface manages to do just that. The build quality on the thing is fantastic. The flip out stand works really well too - it could do with a few more levels, but for what it does it does it really really well. Overall, incredibly high quality hardware. The touch cover is amazing too...
Alright, by no means am I disappointed in the iPad Mini or the iPad, but I think this is a pretty uncharacteristic refresh for the company.   Lightning is definitely part of the reason for this refresh, but I think that the main one is to differentiate the iPad mini from the iPad, keeping the iPad as the main device. Without the refresh, the iPad Mini would be as fast as the iPad, and probably a bit quicker too, due to its lower resolution screen. I haven't played...
  A preliminary injunction is to prevent irreparable damages before a trial occurs. An example of this might be: Party A claims they own a building and want to knock it down, Party B claims that they own the building. They sue, and party B gets a preliminary injunction during the suit, so that the building is not knocked down until the court case is settled. The key is to demonstrate that they will suffer irreparable damage if the injunction is not granted. In the case...