or Connect

Posts by mark2005

What's there to be with? Adobe Flash vapor? Adobe Flash on mobile is still beta, and crashes, and significantly slows down the few devices it's able to run on today. By the way, when Apple introduced 3.5" floppy disks, it didn't work on anything else either. A few years later, it was being used on all PCs one could buy.
Um, no, AI does the WWDC banner story every year.
Apple has already said that iPad won't get the 4.0 features until September.
You do realize that it is WWDC, and that Apple is speaking to DEVELOPERS, most of whom care very much about how many iPhone/iPod touch/iPad owners are out there, and how many credit card numbers are in the iTunes/App Store.
That linked Q&A says this: "What happens if I exceed 200MB on my postpaid plan? According to AT&T's Seth Bloom, you will be able to call in or hop online and change that month to the 2GB plan so long as you do so before the end of that billing cycle. So if you have a bad month (or a really good month -- it really depends on how you look at data flexibility), AT&T will offer more overage flexibility. If you do not do this, you will be charged $15 for each 200MB you use --...
Yes, there are things that one doesn't want anyone to know because they really aren't good things. But there are plenty of good reasons for secrets. One might be sick but doesn't want anyone to know. One might not want others to know their financial status. One might be planning a surprise. One might be playing a sport where deception is a key and accepted part of the sport. So Mr.Schmidt's comment is naive. And finally, if what Mr.Schmidt said was completely true, then...
Bzzt. Wrong. You're either assuming iPhone is standing still or that Android can continue growing at the same rate. Let's use the NetApplications statistics to gain a dose of reality - starting each platform from its launch date: Android device launch - Oct 22, 2008; we'll say Nov 2008. 19 months later in May 2010, NetApps reports 0.11% web share for Android platform. iPhone launch - June 29, 2007; we'll say July 2007. 19 months later in Jan 2009, NetApps reports 0.20%...
Given how well the international launch went, the continued 7-10 day wait at the US online store, and no iPads in stock in Boston-area stores, I'm inclined to believe that supply is still the main issue. But we've just seen that Apple can make 1m iPads within a month, and production should be ramping upwards. So I'm thinking 1.1m iPads sold in June for 3.1m for the quarter. Then 3.5-4m next quarter as early adopter rush passes but back-to-school buying picks up, but...
Much good discussion going on in this thread. And I think str1f3 (and maybe others in this thread) may have hit on a key point - advertising. We know Apple is rethinking the AppleTV concept as it hasn’t been as successful as they thought it could be. So what might they be thinking? They're definitely thinking it needs to be cheaper, so what can be removed to make the AppleTV cheaper? And/or how can the AppleTV be monetized in other ways so that content providers get...
I just hope Apple learned more about what Eric Schmidt and Google thinks than he learned about what Apple thinks.On a different track, I wonder what Steve Jobs is learning about content and TV over on Disney's board, and how that is playing into AppleTV. There was news this week that Disney is looking to sell ABC TV, which Disney officially denied.