or Connect

Posts by mark2005

It was responded to but you choose to ignore the response and pick at tangential stuff. Which is what you do and everyone here knows that.
You're quoting posts out of order, and selectively ignoring responses, which is what you do here. Anyway, below was my response to your first post, and it clearly says "rarely" and "directly."
Selective quoting. The rest of my post explained what that meant.
Then why didn't you write "look at the post above it" instead of "As I have said posted"? And again, since you completely missed it, "As I have said posted" is not proper English, and means nothing.
I didn't change what I meant. Go back and read what I wrote - "rarely mentions share directly" - and we were discussing market share in terms of units sold. Do you understand the words "rarely" and "directly"?
"As I have said posted" is nonsense talk. What does it mean? (This is what you do. Take one little piece of a post and pick at it, all the while ignoring the main point.)
But that's because you continue to choose to misinterpret what others say, sending us down useless paths that lead nowhere productive.
Yes, Jobs mentioned browser share as one way to look at market share in terms of usage; clearly it's not in terms of sales, which is what we've been talking about here. Browser usage is a useful metric for developers who want to know whether mobile device users are apt to use the browser to access the their web apps or web sites. So it's useful to mention at the OS 4 platform presentation to developers. I may have a selective memory but I was referring to market share...
I think Gene uses June quarter because Apple's 3rd quarter is the June quarter, but it's the 2nd quarter by calendar year.
I think Gene is taking into account the refresh in April; that extra boost will start to wear off in May and June. In any case, I think he's underestimating. Analysts usually underestimate because the "credibility penalty" for underestimating is less than for overestimating.