or Connect

Posts by Bregalad

I'm through with Samsung. Their attitude stinks. I suspect the only language they truly understand is the bottom line so I'm going to do everything I can to ensure that nobody in my family ever buys another Samsung product regardless of how good a deal it might be.
 I totally agree about the fashion branding of Beats. The people I see wearing them always seem to be wearing the latest "cool" clothing and accessories. When I saw "bass-heavy Beats headphones aren't a quality product built to the standard that they expect from Apple devices" I laughed because until the Mastered for iTunes initiative Apple never did anything to suggest they cared about sound quality in their tracks or hardware. Those ubiquitous white earbuds were never...
I remember being able to read the bottom row of an eye chart. My brother used to be able to read the tiny print at the bottom of the eye chart telling which company printed the chart, the copyright date, company address, etc.   Now my eyes cannot focus on anything inside of arm's length. That means I have to sit way back from my computer and use large font sizes. Mobile devices are special kind of hell for me. To use a smartphone I need to put on reading glasses, but...
The mockup is weakened because they took an existing iPhone screen and expanded it to fill a larger space. A realistic UI would have helped "sell" the idea.
Right, it's physically impossible to take more than 100% of an object or collection. In another context, however, it's perfectly acceptable to use percentages above 100%. For example Apple's stock price is up about 15000% since the mid 1990s.
That's actually debatable because "average" is a very poor mathematical construct for any set of data with only one firm boundary. Sell 99 cars for $25,000 then sell one Bugatti for $500,000. The average selling price for those 100 cars is $29,750 even though 99% of vehicles sold for less than the average. But yes Mercedes does sell cars that many people can afford.
Whoever measured that first photo made the big mistake of ignoring the fact that one was much closer to the camera than the other. Glad to see other photos of what appears to be the same part. I must say I'm not a fan. The large top/bottom bezel used by Apple makes the overall phone much taller than competing devices, even those with larger screen sizes like the Nexus 5. An iPhone with a 5.5" display would be truly enormous like that crazy-big Galaxy Mega with a 6.3" screen.
Samsung most certainly does owe their success to marketing. They spend more money in that area than all their competitors put together.   Having said that there is no question that Samsung would not be where they are today had they applied that enormous marketing budget to BlackBerry knock-offs running the Symbian-like OS that Android had been prior to the introduction of the iPhone. 
Seriously?!? Two articles in a row based on the ravings of Ming-Chi Kuo?
Still no comments about how much it's going to cost to store "every photo and video you've ever taken". With the shutter-happy habits of so many people these days I can see demand for 1TB Dropbox accounts skyrocketing. Those willing and able to pay for 1TB Dropbox accounts, on the other hand...