or Connect

Posts by Bregalad

No problem Google, I already suspended purchase of Nest products over cost and privacy concerns.
With all the talk about larger iPhone 6 models I think it's very important to ask whether the 5s is #1 because it's an iPhone or because it's a good size for a lot of customers. It can be argued the the market has chosen large phones because small Android phones are never more than a blip on the sales radar, but most small Android phones are horribly crippled devices. Apple is the only company making a flagship quality 4" phone. What happens if Apple drops 4" in favour of...
I have a 16MP camera, but most of the time I shoot 8MP images. I get superior dynamic range and better performance in less than optimal lighting. Many professional level cameras are only 16MP and they have sensors many times larger than mine. Megapixel count is just a number. While it would be nice in theory for Apple to increase the size of the sensor in the iPhone there's a problem. A bigger sensor requires a longer focal length. The phone would have to be thicker (or...
I haven't replaced my 7 year old LCD TV because:   It still works I don't watch much My wife, who does watch a lot, is happy with it We have better things to spend our money on I absolutely refuse to buy a "smart" TV
If it seems too cheap to be true... you are the product not the customer.
I have diminished eyesight and haven't seen any advantage to a large screen Android device. Most apps don't offer font size choices so most of the time the high resolution Android screen results in physically tiny print.. I find Android fonts generally hard to read even on large size, low res devices like the Galaxy S II. Maybe I just never found the settings to increase font size, but there's only so much you can do when you're borrowing someone else's phone.
That depends on what kind of business you're in. My company does just fine with lower cost alternatives. A handful of external facing employees have Office, but all our internal documentation is kept in non-Microsoft file formats. Sadly there are times when Numbers makes Excel look fast. What is it with spreadsheets on the Mac?
Cook was comparing iPhone 5c results to sales of the iPhone 4S when it occupied the middle tier.
That's like saying I'd rather be shot than stabbed ;)
I'm really surprised to see this coming from the WSJ. Normally their sources are officially or clandestinely approved by Apple to leak accurate information to build hype. Following all the Android OEMs into a world where the only good phone is an enormous one is very strange. The market has spoken very loudly that the most popular phone size in the world is the current iPhone. Some even claim that's too big for a phone. I think Apple would be unlikely to move from one...