or Connect

Posts by Bregalad

Let me get this straight... the most expensive MBP has the worst bus speed and worst graphics chip, a chip that's been the center of a major product recall. What kind of complete idiots do they think buy their top end products?? This isn't a refresh it's a slap in the face.
I've never believed the October 14th date because the 13th is a holiday in both the US and Canada and Canadians will be casting ballots in a federal election on the 14th. The only realistic things pushing for an October release are the months that have passed since the last refresh and the pressure to get hardware, promotions material and training out to all the re-sellers before US Thanksgiving. If Apple plans to wait until January then there's no pressure at all because...
If the investment banks were run even half as efficiently as Apple there wouldn't be an economic crisis right now.
Apple hasn't cared about any users' feelings for a long time. However, there is a dark side to rapid obsolescence, one that's particularly poignant at a time when most people are too busy worrying about making ends meet to consider major discretionary purchases. If you show your buyers that their products will be rendered obsolete in a time frame that is shorter than customer expectations then you alienate then. Alienated customers tend to look around for alternatives...
Because the majority of stock is held by large organizations. The most fair way to compensate is on performance. If the company does well those who led it get lots, if things aren't going so well they don't get as much. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the way anyone is compensated these days. There are probably favorable tax benefits or some other good reason to award stock rather than a share of profits. Awarding stock instead of cash only looks out of place because...
First: given recent events why does anyone listen to a banker? They've made it abundantly clear they have no idea how to manage our money so why is anyone still listening to them? Second: investment bankers do have one ace in the hole. They can play both sides of the manipulation game and profit on every move. Buy a stock Say positive things to help it rise Sell the stock Say negative things to spook the market Buy it back Repeat ad nauseam Morgan Stanley...
Apple would never sell a Pro unit with the same processor as a non-Pro one. There must be more than discrete video differentiating the Pro models. If Apple does unify the lineup then I think it'll look more like this: 13" MacBook - 2.2 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 120GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 13" MacBook - 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 200GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 15" MacBook - 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 200GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 13" MacBook Pro - 2.6 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 250GB HD, NVIDIA 9600 512 15"...
So called stock analysts are looking more and more like manipulators to me. They rarely seem to say anything that isn't blatantly obvious or highly suspicious and yet the mere act of opening their mouths can drive a stock several percentage points up or down. The market demonstrates little common sense and small investors are simply taken for a ride, like a rubber duck dumped in the ocean.
If supply is an issue then you're certainly right: sell the customer what you have. However, there is another big issue; sales people are, for the most part, motivated by only one thing: personal reward. If there's more money to be made in pushing BlackBerry then even an iPhone fan is likely to put personal gain ahead of personal preference. I don't know if things are still they way they were 5 years ago, but back then you could make more money every day in SPIFs than you...
More pixels = more money 30" display is 2560X1600. Your 42" TV is only 1920x1080. Plus the aforementioned difference in production volume. There are a lot more buyers for large TVs than for large screens that can only be used as computer monitors.