or Connect

Posts by Bregalad

Dude, the 23" Cinema display is way over-priced. Let's do some iMac math because the 24" iMac uses the same type of LCD panel the Cinema display does. 24" iMac = $1799 20" iMac = $1499 The 20" iMac has a lower cost CPU but let's be generous and say the entire $300 is for the display. The 20" iMac has a TN display, the type you can get from Acer or HP for under $200. That places the retail price of a 24" display using the same panel as the iMac at $499. Compare that with...
I'm still having trouble understanding how Apple could remove target disk mode and, in doing so, cripple their migration manager. Buying a new Mac was always a joy because it was so easy to get back up and running with all your applications and files in the correct place. Now what are we supposed to do? I was going to buy my wife a new MacBook for Christmas. You just lost a sale.
The rumors say they'll introduce a $799 or $899 MacBook and they go and RAISE prices?? In this economy?? No wonder the stock is getting hammered. I should have sold yesterday.
Let me get this straight... the most expensive MBP has the worst bus speed and worst graphics chip, a chip that's been the center of a major product recall. What kind of complete idiots do they think buy their top end products?? This isn't a refresh it's a slap in the face.
I've never believed the October 14th date because the 13th is a holiday in both the US and Canada and Canadians will be casting ballots in a federal election on the 14th. The only realistic things pushing for an October release are the months that have passed since the last refresh and the pressure to get hardware, promotions material and training out to all the re-sellers before US Thanksgiving. If Apple plans to wait until January then there's no pressure at all because...
If the investment banks were run even half as efficiently as Apple there wouldn't be an economic crisis right now.
Apple hasn't cared about any users' feelings for a long time. However, there is a dark side to rapid obsolescence, one that's particularly poignant at a time when most people are too busy worrying about making ends meet to consider major discretionary purchases. If you show your buyers that their products will be rendered obsolete in a time frame that is shorter than customer expectations then you alienate then. Alienated customers tend to look around for alternatives...
Because the majority of stock is held by large organizations. The most fair way to compensate is on performance. If the company does well those who led it get lots, if things aren't going so well they don't get as much. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the way anyone is compensated these days. There are probably favorable tax benefits or some other good reason to award stock rather than a share of profits. Awarding stock instead of cash only looks out of place because...
First: given recent events why does anyone listen to a banker? They've made it abundantly clear they have no idea how to manage our money so why is anyone still listening to them? Second: investment bankers do have one ace in the hole. They can play both sides of the manipulation game and profit on every move. Buy a stock Say positive things to help it rise Sell the stock Say negative things to spook the market Buy it back Repeat ad nauseam Morgan Stanley...
Apple would never sell a Pro unit with the same processor as a non-Pro one. There must be more than discrete video differentiating the Pro models. If Apple does unify the lineup then I think it'll look more like this: 13" MacBook - 2.2 GHz, 1Gb RAM, 120GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 13" MacBook - 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 200GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 15" MacBook - 2.4 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 200GB HD, Intel x4500 graphics 13" MacBook Pro - 2.6 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 250GB HD, NVIDIA 9600 512 15"...