or Connect

Posts by z3r0

400 stores? Thats a lot of locations for new Apple Stores
If Android goes its highly likely that WebOS will take its place if not M$. RIM will be bought out.
This pretty much says it all: http://digitalcomposting.wordpress.c...6/28/x-vs-pro/ Apple needs to get it @ss in gear and fix things. I hope the release a new version of Final Cut Server or a replacement that out does the original. If not they should open source Final Cut Server along with Shake and Color.
A good analogy here would be that FCP 7 is like driving a stick shift and FCP X is an automatic (minus features). Pro's don't want to be babied, or want any hand holding. If software had a bunch of buttons that did everything for you it wouldn't be considered pro. Becoming a pro takes time and dedication to learn complex software and the craft. Adding cheap buttons and tricks that offer limited control takes away from that and devalues the craft. There is no make an...
I just hope Apple has a new replacement for Final Cut Server up it's sleeve if not they should open source the code just like they did with QuickTime/Darwin Streaming Server. Shake and Color would be great contributions to the community as well. Hate to see great software locked up when it still has it's uses and unexplored potential. Plus it would be a great PR move on Apple's part!
Buy Microsoft and fire the other Steve!
If Apple didn't buy Sun when they had the change, I don't see them trying to buy anyone else out unless its on the cheap. Freescale and Nvidia might be good targets. Though Apple already bought a IP from Freescale, so that might rule them out. Nvidia would give them first dibs at the latest GPU's. I'd like to see Apple acquire ARM Holdings.
QNX is a nice clean and proven microkernel minus the baggage found in darwin. QNX also has some nice distributed OS features and security to boot (EAL4 vs Mac OS X EAL3). Aqua is pretty abstracted so it wouldn't be that bad to layer on to QNX.
Well I would necessarily want Apple to buy, BUT if Apple had the chance to buy some of RIM's assets I'd say got for it. QNX is a REALLY nicely design OS, all its lacking is a pretty GUI on top. Mac OS X could learn a lot from QNX! z3r0
Ironic, especially since its coming from big brother. Privacy does NOT exist.