or Connect

Posts by z3r0

Well if it helps M$ sink faster so Apple can come in and buy them out and have the pleasure of firing everyone but the MacBU then I'll all for it!
I wonder how many of the 8.8 million paying skype users will cancel their subscriptions with this news lol
GAudi was the name of Google's audio indexing project. More info here: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...-indexing.html It eventually became what is now their voice/speech recognition technology. They idea was to index audio within videos.
Mac OS X specific apps: Final Cut Server, Open Directory, Podcast Producer, iCal server, etc... FreeBSD is a better choice then Linux on the server end. Too bad Apple hasn't ported apps over.
I'd be more interested if they went with a FreeBSD based system. Linux is boring. China seems to like FreeBSD http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/sec...secure-os/1682
Your data can easily be extracted thanks to Cellbrite. Pretty much 95% of all cellphones are covered (see here). Even the hello kitty iPhone lol
Let RIM buy Nortel IP then as soon as RIM goes down the crapper, Apple can come in and buy them up at a huge discount.In the mean time Apple should buy Joyent and boost their cloud services team. NVIDIA would be a great buy too. Apple needs to improve 3D on the Mac leaps and bounds.I would love for Apple to buy RIM and snatch up QNX OS. It's a great OS to build on with a sound architecture.
Yeah I don't like the GUI. I'd prefer something more inline with with Nuke or Houdini. That gray bar in the middle is an eye sore! I hope that you can float the viewers, I'd hate a single window view where they are stuck.Premiere is looking mighty tempting right about now. I'll have to play with FCP X first though before I make a final decision.What happened to Color, Motion, DVD Studio Pro, and Soundtrack?
It make sense if ARM decides to take on Intel on the desktop. ARM based servers have been cropping up. Wish IBM would get back in the ring with PowerPC chips, I'm pretty sure they can shrink their die process under 32nm by now.
It wouldn't be a bad idea if Apple took a look at Panda3D and gave Unity3D a run for it's money!It was developed at Disney!