or Connect

Posts by z3r0

Wrong can have a lot of different meanings. Not meeting/delivering customer expectations, buggy releases, lacking certain features, taking the wrong direction, heading in a certain direction at the wrong time etc...
I love Apple and their products, but they aren't infallible. They've had failures and success, but I'm not blind when they don't deliver.
 Rhetorical questions are fun to answer especially when they rile you up. The Rokr was made in cooperation with Apple.
 No, I don't find it appropriate to use Ford's quotes as a justification for the glaring shortcomings found in the new Mac Pro. This doesn't explicitly prove anything other then that there is a disconnect between Apple and Pro users needs and wants. Apple should actively consult with Pro users to make sure their needs are met. Pro users are the most vocal and have a strong say in regards to what equipment at large companies. Look how easily they jumped ship when FCPX was...
 To start in no particular order...  New Mac Pro (DOA) - Jony G4 Cube - Jony Twentieth Anniversary Mac - Jony Hockey Puck Mouse Pippin iPod Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headset Rokr Newton Lisa Macintosh Portable iPod Socks Ping MobileMe FCPX
 One or two of these would fit in the space vacated by removing the optical drive bays and current PSU up top in the current Mac Pro: http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-power-supply-hot-plug-redundant-3000-Watt/2868885.aspx I do wish Apple would go after enterprise markets.
 Yes, I'm familiar with the quotes. They are applicable to John Doe consumers who really don't know what they want. Pro users are a completely different breed. They have specific needs and know what they want/need (often to the minute detail) in order to accomplish what ever they set out to do. In the end they will use whatever tool is best for the job and that is least cumbersome to use. Excessive wires cause clutter, are more prone to failure (yes thunderbolt cables fail...
Ok,Old like connecting remotely via dumb terminals to huge powerful servers that do all the processing and rendering? Oh wait, I just described cloud computing but wait isn't that the future?Why wait? The future is now. Apple isn't releasing any new hardware that others don't already have. If anything they are giving you less and claiming it to be innovative because you expand with wires externally versus internally.Thats not innovative. Thats called unnecessary clutter. 
 Old really? How so? The HP Z820 runs newer faster processors, can use all the latest NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, SSD, Thunderbolt 2 etc... and hold more of them! The only problem is that the OS is not Mac OS X. Hell even Woz loves them: http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac-creative/news/?newsid=3468413