or Connect

Posts by mrtotes

I navigate best with a paper map and a compass personally although I'm quite happy exploring sans map, I wouldn't ever want to explain to a mountain rescue team that "they got by without maps thousands of years before we had these things" to justify why they had been called out to rescue me from a national park.    Using your logic we shouldn't use any technology that helps us?   I'm not saying I can't live without Street View, I'm not saying others can't live without...
- house hunting...- checking what a road junction I need to turn off looks like...- checking out the look of the area when booking a holiday let...- looking to see what a location truly looks like..- knowing what a friends house looks like before I start travelling- etc etcStreet View is what we as humans see, aerial view doesn't show the same level of detail and requires extra mental processing to turn into from the plan view to what we'll see. 'Id wager that as you...
If only they had their own tablet OS they could rely on...
Really hoping this fixed two major Apple apps, which have been broken for me since last update...
  Some Apps which exist for iOS that would make the AppleTV useful:   - BBC iPlayer - 4OD - itvPlayer - Catchup TV - Crackle - LoveFilm et cetra...   All third party apps that could (I assume) easily be ported to iOS for TV.  
  Agreed. I was seriously disappointed with the UI when I bought my first AppleTV a few weeks back.  Specifically: - Getting content from the iMac is segregated and basically doesn't seem to show up without fiddling each time. - I can't customize the interface to only show content I'm interested in. - For example, I've no idea what MLB is but I don't care. - Finding YouTube videos takes forever due to lame typing method - BT Keyboard?, iOS interface app or the Remote...
Wake me up when NSA or CESG come up with an endorsement...
[insult removed]Quite right. It's fairly unusable for me with my rather plain, perhaps slightly south-west, English accent. So I have it off to save the battery, which probably doesnt help the beta cause much but since the UK version can't do many of the features anyhow I don't miss much. I had better success with the dictation generally but in so many cases I want to format acronyms or abbreviations that typing is easier.. Siri being unusable is fine for a beta but once...
I hadn't realized that the 4S had a 2048x1536 display. :-/Not sure if the device is thick enough for that. Personally I don't ever use the iPad rear camera, though I wouldn't want it removed - perhaps having a 4S in my pocket at the time and PhotoStream means it's pretty pointless now(?)
TBH rebates suck. Perhaps because we don't really do them in the UK so I'm not used to them but why make me jump through hoops like cutting part of my box off and writing it. Just give me the discount up front or I'll disregard the offer. Took me months to work through getting an iPod touch out of Apple in 2007 when they finally admitted I had paid for it and the iMac and done all the proof of purchase (they knew I'd bought both - they had it on the online...