or Connect

Posts by mrtotes

I agree but think the iPad 2 will sell alongside iPad 3 rather than 1 alongside 2. Some estimates are iPad 2 will sell 10M in Q2, once you've got the factory tooling in place to produce that many, drawing that down quantity and increasing for the next model must be a problem and come at a cost. Selling the old model cheaply smooths that transition nicely. Although not a statistically reliable sample, I know more people who bought a 3GS since Summer 2010 than iPhone...
Genuine question: Did you consider the 13" MBP with BTO 128GB SSD? or was size/weight the driving factor?
Seems to ne £100 off in the UK which is almost a quarter off the base model.
In practice those who make handsome financial donations to the ruling political party usually do well in the honours. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_for_Honours Perhaps Mr Brown hoped some of Apple's spare cash would be coming this way! Please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10 In fact most will learn a thing or two about England, the UK and the Queen watching this video. :-)If you'd asserted his liberal lifestyle was the cause of cancer you'd...
The wording here sounds like Apple tailoring Ads on behalf of marketing departments. They've built iAds into iOS, why wouldn't they build them into their other platforms? (I'd rather they didn't, but iAds was likely the thin-end of the wedge.)
My perception is that we've still a way to go before the service providers have the capacity in their networks to exceed the technical capabilities of the [3G] services they are delivering. Moving up a technology doesn't seem the sensible course of action. I'm buoyed that in the UK Orange and T-Mobile are sharing their networks now to improve capacity and coverage to users at no cost to them. http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/share/ Hope this practice spreads elsewhere.The...
Quite. I like that iChat shows when I'm available to my contacts (buddies) and then gives the option of text, voice, video and data (file exchange or screen sharing) whichever device I'm signed in on. iChat does that well now on Macs, I'd far rather have seen this on iPhone than FT on Macs.So I'm delivering an important presentation to clients on my MBP. I flick my iPhone to vibrate, and iChat to Offline or Busy with two clicks in the menu bar. Then FT rings. So...
You've picked on the weakest point I made in my post but since you did... my wife and I share an AppleID and it's an email address I don't share widely, I use a lot of aliases to reduce spam. Nice to know other addresses can be used too though - I haven't noticed this function, the app just told me to sign in with my AppleID.
But there's only a difference because Apple has designed them like that, the question is why have they been designed like that?iChat could easily have been integrated to the iPhone with an indefinite log-in and push notifications. The FaceTime video chat could have been easily added to the iChat application in OS X. Furthermore FaceTime is certainly imperfect at the moment. My wife's iPhone 4, when FT calling to our MBP, uses the temporary number that Tesco (MNVO)...
FaceTime requires an AppleID that you sign-in on but it persists in the background because Apple has designed it that way. They could have done the same to iChat and allowed Apple IDs to work in the same way. I'm absolutely not quibbling the 59p charge, but bear in mind that the Mac App Store is only for SL not an 'older OS'.Most people understand IM in my experience. We even have it on our work PCs on the company intranet (Win XP SP2 with IE6 for example - so we're...