or Connect

Posts by mrtotes

I'd love to agree with you but you have heard of iAd right?Is this a sentence?Hopefully the codes will still be available at lower prices from 3rd Parties. Perhaps with iTunes subscriptions they could offer pay monthly to spread the cost.
Well I hope it's better than the beta, which showed all my contacts regardless of whether they have any kind of FT access. At least iChat makes it clear who is there and what kind of connection is possible - that to me is much simpler.
Where does iChat sit in all of this? Can FaceTime do conferences and exchange files? /confused.
Lion looks like a really good set of incremental improvements to me... except LaunchPad.... At best LaunchPad looks dated like the 2007 iPhone icon grid... at worst it's like the OS 7.5 Launcher. If I want a grid of application icons - just set the Applications stack in the dock to open as a folder grid.
Turns out they can firmware fix all the current MiniDisplayPort Macs? /wishful thinking. These are the current 13.3" MBP specs except for the Thunderbolt port, processor and bus speeds.No, your sentences make no sense. I only missed wireless-syncing pre-MobileMe. Now i'm just not bothered.So buy a MacBook Air 13" then. I'll be disappointed if Apple miss a chance to spread the magsafe love a little further. All future ports should be "magsafe" and if every port out...
Hi all, Thanks for taking the time to read. My home set-up looks pretty much as per the image below. It's becoming more frustrating that my storage is spread-out and the right computer isn't always switched on or awake. Currently files are stored on the MBP and Intel iMac drives, mostly the latter, and each backs up via Time Machine and WiFi(n) to a 320GB USB drive and 500GB Time Capsule respectively located out in the garage (where it is Kensington locked and...
If money is less of an object go for the base MacBook Pro 13" with a 128GB SSD bto. It's $250 more than the MBA but for that you'll get an Optical Drive, longer battery, Firewire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, 2GB extra RAM, backlit keyboard, optical out/audio in, and Kensington lock slot. Personally aesthetically I prefer the MBP bezel too. If money is tighter the MB should also be on your shortlist as features wise it's in the middle between the MBP and MBA but at a lower...
As the others have said just get a MiniDisplayPort to HDMI adaptor. You'll want to make sure you get one of the ones that carry Audio as well as video. Many of the cheap adaptors are video only. One Example from AmazonFor those with earlier MiniDisplayPort Macs (i.e. mid-2009 13" MBP) you need audio connection seperate at the Mac end:MDP - HDMI w/USB Audioregardsmrtotes
Is Sandy Bridge the one where only two SATA port are reliable over time? I initially thought three drives: "stick" SSD (like MBA), a 2.5" drive (HDD or optional SSD) and an optical drive - but actually just offering the optical as a USB external will be fine for most people - only carry it when you need it. The battery can get larger and the device thinner as a result. When I first saw the new Apple TV I wondered whether they'll put the power supply in the MacBook line...
How does that dual-core affect battery life? How much better does dual-core make your phone perform? What does it do to the cost of the handset (which you may not pay upfront - but you will in adware or contract price etc...) Too many manufacturers just put features in for brag value not because they are actually the best overall solution to the problem. I think of my technology in terms of what it allows me to do - capability - not what it says on the spec sheet. ...