or Connect

Posts by mrtotes

Yeah I downloaded MS Office 11 (only cos I got it for £9 on employee purchase!) Some of the combo updates are close to 1GB nowadays so downloading the new OS X probably wouldn't be vastly different. But it sucks having to repeat the process for all the Macs in the house. When's Apple coming out with the seamless home server product - we've all got two or three Macs at home nowadays and need to keep all of them in check.+1You download software, just not from the Mac...
iFixit seem to confirm that the Verizon iPhone *could* support GSM too given the chipset (if it had a SIM!) so it seems that your suggestion is correct. In which case buying an iPhone 4 on Verizon now is even more of a dead end imho.
So Apple's iDevice battle-rhythm is broadly: Mar/Apr - Announce next iOS Jun/Jul - Announce and release iPhone and release iOS Sep - Announce and release iPods I can't decide where I think iPad will fit in, it's capabilities are so related to iOS so it makes sense that customers buying it aren't getting a 9-month old OS - which in essence they did last year. (I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking the iPad keynote was just a rehash of how iOS works). Perhaps iPad...
I wonder how that'll be handled? The rest of the world will be getting iPhone 5 GSM... will Verizon keep iPhone 4 for a while? Is this part of Apple's deal severing single supplier with AT&T - that actually AT&T gets the latest model and VZN will be 'stuck' with iPhone 4 until summer 2012? They'll have the iPad 2 on both providers which has the potential to be just as much as a money spinner. Plus I've seen more 3GS arrive in friends hands since Jul 10 than iPhone 4 so...
Of course the Stylus can never be the primary input in a multitouch world but I'm sure the option will appeal to a large section of the Mac-faithful in the graphics world.
I suppose the pressure sensitivity would come from the stylus linked back by BT?No he's right. If you just want the feature there's a hundred £200 android tablets or WinMo phones that already boast the feature on their spec sheet. If you want the feature implemented in a way that is actually usable in hardware/software (and ecosystem) to the majority you wait for the Apple product. You can call it brainwashing, actually it's just delightful when you buy a product that...
That's not a reason Apple would ever consider. Apple delivers features with clear purpose...
SD and USB can easily be added via dock connector, the connectors are relatively large and most people won't use them often. Display port is small and {I assume} can't be added via the 30-pin dock connector. Hopefully it'll show the whole display. Shame it won't be a mag-safe mini DP. Yeah but at least at the TVs I've seen in the UK (and I've bought two new ones recently so looked at a lot!) HDMI and VGA is much more prevalent than Component (or Composite). The USB is...
Don't worry... most of us were with you right after "ADB..."
Yeah UMTS 3G often uses Code Division Multiple Access so that's a really confusing designation to call the Verizon variant the "CDMA model"...