or Connect

Posts by mrtotes

I have no experience of the larger Dell displays but the 6x 19" (4:3) aspect Dell LCDs I have on my desk at work are terrible. I can see the [ctrl-alt-del] dialogue box all the time on one of the screens - becuase it's left logged out about 50% of the time. These screens stain so badly and when scrolling through Excel where I have coloured cells - it literally takes minutes for the imprint to disappear. I turn them off in the small hours - but I'm not sure my...
Apple made the iMac G4 20" heavier in the base to support the adjustable screen on an arm - I can see how the design works about 60 cms in front of me! ;-) I don't believe either iMac design is perfect and certainly not the iMac G5/ICD the ports are hidden out of reach - especially USB ports for flash drives etc; and the screen height and azimuth are much more difficult to set to differing user's perfection without the use of a Yellow Pages! However the iMac G5/ICD...
Whilst I hate to admit owning a PocketPC device, until PocketOSX arrives many of us are stuck. I'd love to see iSync supporting these devices. Apple would only have to develop this one solution and a huge range of PocketPC devices would be supported. PocketMac plain doesn't work and certainly doesn't deserve the Pro title it's authors claim. Mark/Space would seem to have similar issues. mrtotes
I'd like to see an iMac Pro and an iMac Nano. The iMac Pro would have the beautiful LCD mounting arm (using any other computer feels restrictive to me) and desktop sized (fast, cheap) components in a base which supports the weight of the 20/23" screen. Available in Black or Brushed Metal. With 2 Accessible DIMM slots and an ExpressCard/54. Two USB2 and 1 FW400 and the card slot would be mounted on the front of the machine. The wired Keyboard provided would also have...