or Connect

Posts by tetzel1517

By the way, here's the actual resolution - it doesn't ask for specific names. What's the problem with this? RESOLVED: That the shareholders of Apple, Inc. [sic] (“Company”) hereby request that the Board of Directors initiate the appropriate process to amend the Company’s Corporate Governance Guidelines (“Guidelines”) to adopt and disclose a written and detailed succession planning policy, including the following specific features:The Board of Directors will review the...
Has anyone actually READ the shareholder proposal? It doesn't require Apple to name any names - merely to tell people what their plan would be for finding one among internal candidates. What's the problem with that? Tons of companies do that.
I think unlike the East Coast bias you see in news and sports reporting, the tech industry suffers from a West Coast bias. I'm still surprised, though, that Apple's first West Coast store wasn't in the Bay Area.I've only been to the Tyson's store twice -- I live in DC, but don't have a car, so Tyson's Corner is quite an excursion for me. My first time there was to pick up my free copy of OS X 10.1. I had just moved to the city and was living waaay out in the Maryland...
To be fair, it's a pretty useful device, and you can have more than one device using its 3G connection. But as you alluded to, it's far, FAR more interesting that Apple and Verizon are working together on anything at all. The double-punch of WSJ and NYT reports on the Verizon iPhone had already turned me from skeptic into believer, but now I'm nearly 100 percent sold on it happening as predicted.
If they can get Boxee running on this thing, it's basically my dream machine. Even if not, I'm going to buy one just so we can have Apple TVs connected to both our televisions (the old one will move to the bedroom).
I'm eagerly awaiting reports on how hackable this box is. The lack of a full USB port is troubling in that regard, but the fact that it runs some variant of iOS is very, very promising.
This thing is begging to be the "remote" for a next-gen iOS-based Apple TV, and I find it unlikely that Apple would release a device like this without it fitting into some larger strategy. I mean, are there ANY iMac/Mac Pro owners who have been clamoring for something like this? On the other hand, I can already picture sitting back on the couch with this in my lap, using it to quickly navigate through an Apple TV interface... though text-based search would still be a pain...
The more I think about this the more the Apple TV rumor makes sense. Controlling such an interface with a remote always seemed like a contrivance and very un-Apple. Plus, there haven't been any rumors about a stand-alone product that's like this device, and I just don't think the market for trackpads is big enough for Apple to enter at this point, especially since Wacom sort of controls that space. But as an accessory to a revamped Apple TV, this makes a ton of sense....
This might actually be it. I worked at an Apple Store on and off for 2 years, and MobileMe was, after Applecare, the biggest priority when it came to "attaching" things to Mac and iPhone sales. I actually had an odd knack for selling it to people - "Find My iPhone" and the ease of publishing web galleries reeled the most people in. Plus, the recent upgrade to the Mail interface, the upcoming beta of the Calendar function, and people being reclassified as "Full Members" all...
Impressive. Most impressive. But the UI almost seems too advanced, you know? It's above and beyond anything I've ever seen. I have a hard time believing it'll actually work that way. And I say bring on the competition. The Zune came along after the iPod had established its stranglehold, so even if the Zune HD is a good product, the iPod is too established (and the Zune HD's predecessors too underwhelming) for it to ever have a shot. But if this means The Tablet...