or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by tetzel1517

Hmm... those iMac updates seem too incremental to me. Over a year later, Apple still can't fit more than a 3.06 GHz processor in there? I know the RAM and NVIDIA improvements are nothing to shake a stick at, but I can't see Apple bumping up all of that while leaving the main processor stuck where it is now. Has anything like that happened before? I know the public isn't as wedded to GHz numbers as they used to be, but it's still the topline number: You still want it going...
Yeah, I find it odd that in a thread where people are bashing the Gates' for not letting their kids have the choice of using an iPod, anyone who dares say anything remotely good about Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, or the B&MGF is taken to the woodshed. Any charitable organization of that size is going to have the occasional problem, and, if it's well managed, it's also going to have to rely on some corporate partnerships and controls to effectively work on its mission. So...
Nowhere does it say you wouldn't have that option still -- you can either own a physical copy or own unlimited streaming rights. I think it's an idea with a lot of potential, and would even allow for "owning" of HD movies, since you wouldn't have to worry about storing them locally.
It does. But it does it using Microsoft's ActiveSync technology -- the same thing that lets me check my corporate Exchange account on my iPhone. Google just licensed it for their own purposes.
If the iPhone allowed for multiple accounts using ActiveSync (not sure if that's a problem caused by Apple or Microsoft), and Gmail supported push, this would be a compelling offering. But since neither of those things are true, I'll stick with MobileMe.
I am going to be selling my G5 iMac soon, and as a courtesy to the buyer (and also to help entice said buyer) I'd like to say I'll be selling the computer with the latest version of OS X (10.5.6) already installed on the machine. But I'd also like the buyer to be greeted with the Setup Assistant as soon as they turn the machine on, as though they had just bought it new. Is this process possible? If so, how do I do it? I'm not afraid of mucking around in the terminal if...
Read the full article in the Post. Georgetown isn't down-and-out, but it's not considered very trendy or cutting edge anymore. Its retail thunder has been stolen by other neighborhoods (oh, how awesome it would be to have an Apple Store in Chinatown, U Street, or even Columbia Heights). In a way they're reaping what they sew -- Georgetown wasn't exactly enthusiastic about getting a Metro stop in the 1970s, so now they're cut off from the rest of the city. Even when this...
I know it might be true from a harsh, bottom-line standpoint, but I always hated SJ's "people don't read anymore" line. I just can't get behind the idea of trashing reading. It's not like reading a book, in paper or electronically, is inherently outmoded. And if 40 percent of Americans choose to be intellectually non-curious, that doesn't mean Amazon shouldn't come out with something like this. I wouldn't be surprised if the other 60 percent of Americans read quite a...
I've sold enough AppleTV's and seen enough people interested in them to have an idea that the sales are actually pretty decent. It could benefit from a renewed marketing push, though. Having owned one since Christmas, I would say the only thing I would fix is software based: It's really hard to get a list of just HD movie rentals, or new rentals period. There's a "new releases" section, but it includes movies that are for sale and might not be up for rental until a...
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet (and pre-emptively apologize if it has), but it looks like every Zune 30 player with the latest software crashed today at 12 a.m. It's already been called Z2K9 or Zunicide 2009. So if you were planning on buying an iPod today, you might have to wait in line behind a bunch of angry Zune owners. Be...
New Posts  All Forums: