or Connect

Posts by tetzel1517

Apparently God wants me to buy this because today, I left my 40 GB 4th gen on the bus, never to be seen again. I was initially torn because I wanted a widescreen AND at least 80 GB storage, so I didn't know if I should get the Touch or the Classic. But then I realized I'm going to be buying an iPhone once my T-Mobile contract is up next year, by which time there will surely be a 16 GB iPhone. And having a 16 GB Touch and a 16 GB iPhone at the same time is the height of...
Alright, after much deliberation, I've decided I'm going to get one of the iPod Classic models (if you've lost track of my post, I'm one of those folks who wanted both a widescreen AND high capacity). Here's my thinking: The current product line indicates that it's going to be quite some time before Apple introduces a widescreen iPod with a capacity north of 40 GB. At least two years. I've already decided that I"m getting an iPhone once it gets 3G capability and my...
Man, I am really really torn on this one. I wanted only two things: widescreen and 80GB. Didn't care about Wi-Fi at all. Unfortunately, nothing released today meets both requirements. But all of them are so much better than my aging 40GB 4th Gen that it's going to be hard to hold off for yet another year. I know that 32GB or more of NAND flash would be insanely expensive. But couldn't they have just slapped an old fashioned hard drive on the iPod Touch? If battery life...
Giving this a post-Labor Day bump, but also posting to say that connecting the printer directly to my iMac and turning on printer sharing allows the MacBook to print wirelessly, but only if the iMac is turned on and awake, which isn't ideal. My main reason for picking the Airport Extreme was because of how easy I could set up a printer on our network, but now the only way I can do that is to use a method I could have employed with a much cheaper router. I've posted this...
I just can't see Apple putting a DVR in the Apple TV. It would kill off their TV show sales on iTunes. Plus, Apple would only do it if they could be the best at it. And, frankly, topping the way TiVo does it would be very, very difficult in my opinion.Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. If Apple can implement HD movie sales and rentals via broadband, they would not only provide a refuge for those of us waiting out the format war, but make the entire format war irrelevant for a...
The technical know-how and time required to rip a CDs contents to your computer is nothing compared to what it takes to rip (or download via Torrent) an HD quality TV program or movie, and then convert it to a file format that will be viewable on the Apple TV. There's just no comparison. The Apple TV, I'm guessing, was not made to be a hobby horse for people who love downloading the latest video conversion tools. It's meant for consumers. And right now, there's no...
Well, I'm sure the printer is still actually fine. But ever since I installed the latest Airport Extreme 802.11n firmware update, we haven't been able to print from either my iMac which is hard-wired to the router, or from my fiancée's MacBook, which normally prints wirelessly. When we've tried to print, nothing would happen. When I finally looked into it, I saw that the Airport Utility said there was no printer connected to it, so I went into the Printer Setup Utility....
If Apple launches an HD movie rental (with a bunch of studios on board), I'm definitely going to consider buying an Apple TV and this device. I suppose I could always connect the Apple TV via an HDMI-DVI cable and two audio cables, but since I'll also eventually be getting an HD DVD or Blu-ray player, might as well just get the switch now and go all HDMI. But all of that depends on Apple offering an HD movie rental service. On a related note, at some point you'd...
There's no way Apple is going to discontinue a product so quickly, but if they want any chance of getting my money for one (and I suspect a lot of other people's money), they need a few things: 1. HD content, obviously. And Apple knows this. A product designed for HD TVs that doesn't deliver any actual HD content is, well, stupid. 2. More movies. 3. Movie rentals. Renting music makes no sense because of repeated listening. But renting movies makes all the sense in...
I just want a widescreen iPod that's at least 80GB. I don't care if it's touchscreen. I don't care if it runs OS X (though both of those would be cool). And I really, really couldn't care less if it has WiFi, which I would just see as a battery-waster. Widescreen. 80GB. You can do that, right Apple? I promised my fiancée that a new iPod would be the only "big ticket" item I'd buy before our wedding (we're paying for it ourselves). My 40GB 4th gen (monochrome screen!)...