or Connect

Posts by tetzel1517

We just got a new Airport Extreme and, with my girlfriend's MacBook, a Canon MP460 all-in-one. The printing function works flawlessly, but I haven't had any luck getting the scanner to work. When I'm trying to set up the Canon as a device in Image Capture, I get a message saying "Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off." Neither of these conditions are true. If I try to scan using the Canon's controls, it just sits there...
This is, so far, the crux of the matter for me. I buy a decent amount of TV shows on iTunes (for shows I forget to record or that I'm so far behind on that they get deleted) and I like the idea of being able to easily view my photos and play my music through my HDTV. However, the HD DVR in the living room can't play my iTunes purchases, nor can it display my photos or play my music (even if I eventually get a Tivo Series 3, it won't play my mostly AAC iTunes library).So,...
I just got a new shuffle and after loading it with music I ejected it and put my G5 iMac to sleep. But only seconds after the screen went black, my machine woke up again. I had experienced a similar issue before when using a USB wireless printer adapter, but that was a 3rd party product. I was thinking an Apple product wouldn't cause the same issues. Is there a fix for this, or should I just resign myself to only charging the iPod when the computer is awake?
I used to have no issues with Apple's DRM until I moved in with my girlfriend. We're both big music fiends and like to listen to stuff from eachother's collections. Unfortunately, she can't listen to my iTMS songs on her machine without deactivating her iTunes account and then logging into mine. I mean, really. We're using the network sharing features built right into iTunes, not doing anything illicit at all. Shouldn't those songs be accessible to everyone on the...
It doesn't help matters that John Hodgman is, oh, 10,000 times more talented than Justin Long. He's one of my favorite recurring people on the Daily Show, and his book "The Areas of My Expertise" is f'ing hilarious. Meanwhile, Justin Long was in "Accepted." No contest. I think having PC Guy switch into Mac Guy is the best idea so far in this thread.
Not only do the new shuffles store 240 songs in a ridiculously small space, they also make you a better person!
CosmoNut, your post indirectly solved my problem. I was approaching the problem in the wrong way: The problem was that since the two wireless adapters would keep talking to eachother, regardless of anything else, that would make the computer constantly wake up. The message from HP Communications was just a side effect of that. So after refining my search, I found out all I have to do is unplug the slave adapter from the back of my Mac, and everything works fine. So...
Thing is, it happens with the printer turned off, too. It's like the printer and the HP Communications program are constantly trying to talk to eachother.
I just moved and recently pulled my HP Photosmart 1215 out of the mothballs to set it up. The thing is slow as a dog, but I can't afford a new printer right now, so I have to make due with it. Due to the configuration of my apartment, there's no good place for the printer by the computer, so I purchased off eBay an Ambicom wireless adapter to print wirelessly. The thing works like a dream. I can't even tell there's not a wire, in terms of the time it takes to print. But...
OK, not sure if anyone is still following my endeavour here, but as a last ditch effort I tried uploading calendars to my Box.net public folder. They published without incident in iCal, but once again, nothing displayed when I loaded it in Google Calendar, even though it did display the "Loading..." box in the corner for a few seconds. No error message, just... nothing. I think I'm going to try setting up my own WebDAV server next week, but I have a question before I...