or Connect

Posts by canucklehead

One day, a child will die because we can't read the minds of criminals. Oh wait... Privacy is privacy. Whether the information is in someone's head or on their phone, if you can't compel people to reveal what they don't wish to reveal, there's not much (legally) that can be done about it. That's what they wish to change... people's right to privacy. Why not just say that then? Oh right. Because then it would be clear why it's not ethical.
What's with all the Bose hate? Whether or not you are a fan of their products, Apple has owned Beats for like, a millisecond and probably knew of this patent suit when it bought Beats. I don't know why Apple just doesn't settle with Bose, a company it's had a decent partnership with. Isn't that just good business? I get that Apple is now competing with Bose but if this patent infringement is valid, settling it quickly just makes sense. Get this situation wrapped up and...
All these government and spy agency concerns about the new security features being too secure are really telling in terms of their attitudes regarding what privacy means. To them, privacy should only exist until these people deem that it's no longer convenient. We are talking about securing information that the government should not have access to in the first place. To say that these security features protect people too much is to assume everyone is a criminal. How is...
If App developers were as short-sighted as this comment, the iPhone would still be just a phone. As others have already stated, ApplePay has nothing to do with laziness but rather, the solving of problems inherent in having to carry around so many cards and the old security technology used to protect them. But hey, don't let this stop you from avoiding the new "lazy" technology.
How old are the people running Samsung's marketing department? It's like the annoying little brother that keeps poking you... until you turn around an beat the crud out of him.
 Right, because snarky remarks are especially helpful.  Ahh. I did not see that. Good to know. Thanks!
While I'm sure this is a cool application, I really am fed up with companies that charge a subscription to use software. This is a no-go for me.
This decision is 100% about money, not diversification of devices in schools. If it were the latter, Apple products would not be excluded completely... and using a physical keyboard as a reason? That's simply ridiculous, as kids are doing fine without them. It's the adults who are used to physical keyboards who find it challenging.
Apple should take some responsibility here. It's not something you typically think you would have to do, and once you no longer have an Apple device, the procedure for unlinking your phone number from iMessage is not clear.