or Connect

Posts by Chiisuchianu

I've been hoping for an Apple printer for a long time now. With Lion's new server and AirDrop features, it would be especially powerful and simple to use an Apple printer. Drag and drop a file to the printer via AirDrop and it wakes up from low power sleep automatically to print. Hold command while dropping the file for an options pop up menu. It should work flawlessly with wireless (maybe through bluetooth?). All my printers and their little wireless servers are such a...
Thanks, I tried out the new commercial driver from the NTFS-3G site and it works great. I hope it's rock solid since it's a commercial product. Time will tell.
I have a huge 2TB NTFS drive full of stuff. I also have two 640GB drives that are free. What do you guys think would be the best way to get my data usable on the Mac? I can set NTFS to writable? I can use NTFS-3G? I can set my 640GB files to some Mac file system (which one?) and transfer the files over? What do you guys think would be best? Compatibility with Linux/Windows would be cool but not necessary if it's going to be a headache. Just looking for some ideas and...
hey man thanks for the reply yea, i tried resetting my password but the user name wasnt showing up in the pulldown menu (only sysadmin and appserv were showing or whatever theyre called.) so then i did the archive and install and it didnt work either (it installed but the login thing still came up and not working.) i was going to do another install, without the "save user and network settings" option enabled but it turns out that the last install added some space to...
i used the OS X install disc to reinstall with the "archive and install" option selected instead of "erase and install" that didnt work either. i repaired everything with disk utility and that didnt work either. however in disk utility where it says "mount image" i was able to look at the harddrive contents and it seems all my files are still in there! please someone tell me a way i might be able to back these up! i cant login but everything else works fine.
ok well i have an old powerbook g4 (titanium). sometimes when i move a certain way on my bed or whatever the thing wigs out and goes to sleep. this happens very often but i just press a key to wake it up. well today when it happened everything suddenly went wrong. my saved passwords didnt work anymore and then when i restarted the machine itself it took me to the login screen (which it never does) and the password i made it with doesnt work to get in either! i have...
damn i come back over a day later and youre still crying over this thread? what are you an adobe CEO? hahahaha
yea i already apologised for making this thread, no need to bring it up twice. the other one hasnt been discussed (or just doesnt come out in search) so that ones ok.
i never said it was a secret i just simply think we should embrace more of this type of software (open source, independent, free, etc). look at firefox, it really is for the best that we have open source and free projects like this; its the future. screw big software companies, the time for all that is over. its time to move on and this is how. true i should have used search, sorry about that. and thanks for the welcome. Dave K: that abiword application looks even better...
you can download the beta and use it for 2 months as well. also, the cost is 30 dollars i believe, ok so you save $1170 dollars instead saving $1200 getting this as opposed to buying adobe creative suite. big deal, if you dont like it then go spend $1200 on creative suite instead of crying here.