or Connect

Posts by mstone

Auto sales are booming and every one comes with a radio. Quality of radio content is what is at gutter level. Personally I like small community radio and public, university radio much better than mega-watt commercial radio. Streaming is fine but it uses your data over cellular and is not always as accessible as an FM signal.
Apple writes ALL the software for TV. When TV 3 received an OS and firmware update TV 2 did not. On the new TV,  YouTube will work fine because it was written for v3 API by Apple. This is entirely an Apple problem which they have known about for more than a year and decided that they would not bother to support v3 API on the older hardware. Edit: Interestingly, the YouTube app on the App Store says it is compatible with iOS 6 and above and it is dated March 26, 2015....
I really don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. YouTube is not a stand alone app. It has to connect to the service. The service has been updated and the old software is no longer compatible. This was announced to developers over a year ago. Whose fault is it if the developers, like Apple, decided not to rewrite their app on the old TV? Google didn't write that app, Apple did and Apple decided not to renew it because they never cater to customers with old...
Developed with v2 API which is now obsolete. Doesn't matter who wrote it, Google or third party. Going forward all YouTube apps need to use v3 API.
All developers have to eventually deprecate older software. Apple does this all the time. Same with Microsoft. No difference with Google. They announced this EOL more than a year ago. Apps written in v2 API are deprecated. Is it really worth it for developers to spend resources supporting older devices? Apparently the answer is No.
Wow that is pretty cheap. I  really don't understand how they can do it for $200 a year. I've priced a lot of bandwidth for corporate use and for unlimited bandwidth at Gbps speeds is thousands per month.
Depends on the country. In the US there is the 5th amendment that allows a defendant the right to not incriminate themselves. In other countries you can be fined and sent to jail, however, the defendant can still decide if the contempt of court penalty is worse than the penalty they might face when the encrypted information is found to be incriminating of a more serious crime.
Small private stations are at a disadvantage because unlike the larger stations they can't  afford to stream online. The tremendous bandwidth required to stream to thousands of listeners is cost prohibitive for small stations. Unfortunately the small stations are often the better ones.
The station can choose to use either an omni-directional antenna or a directional antenna. With directional you can direct all the wattage toward your audience as is the case in my small town in Panama. The antenna is high on the hill and points towards town. With omni you get less distance because power is distributed in all directions. I was also under the impression that all RF is line of sight although it can to some degree be reflected off of planer surfaces and...
That makes sense, however, I personally can't stand to listen to any pops or hiss. I can't imagine that swinging an antenna around wouldn't produce some audio artifacts. I suppose it all depends on how strong the signal is to start with. For the station that I like I need an expensive powered antenna connected to my home stereo. I can't get it satisfactorily with the radio in my car.