or Connect

Posts by mstone

If you are referring to my post, I would like to point out I have actually only looked at the screen of an Android once in my life and that was to try to help an associate get their new email address working on it. It was a confusing session to say the least so I really don't have any reason to try to create a distraction. I'm all Apple when it comes to devices. My interest in color is because I do a lot of corporate training, PR, and publishing which involves working with...
The only places that a self driving car would work are in countries that have well designed and maintained infrastructure. There has to be solid predictability for it to be reliable. That pretty much means it could work in the cities in the US and some of Europe, but that leaves the rest of the world where self driving cars are not practical at all, and that is not exactly a niche market. I agree iTaxis is an ideal use of the technology because often people who use taxis...
I almost stopped reading there. The whole article had an arrogant overtone in my opinion.
  Actually the color depicted in image at the top of the article is not the official color. There is no actual named web color that matches the official Android color but the closest is YellowGreen #9ACD32. There is an unnamed web color (#A4C639) that is right on, but that is irrelevant since the only suitable way to describe a color when writing an article would be to use an official named color. Nasal discharge color is a subjective description used only to demean...
I stopped reading at: I strongly disagree with this statement. The entire application needs to be evaluated because if a memory leak or buffer overflow can be exploited it can give the attacker privileges to the OS and that buffer overflow doesn't need to be in just a security enforcing aspect of the application. It can be in the most mundane feature of the app and still compromise security. So bottom line I have my doubts about the rest of his assertions. I do agree in...
Proprietary software adds a little bit of security but we all know that 'security by obscurity' is not a sound policy. Take an open source project like Linux. They have thousands of professional programmers from around the world maintaining and contributing to the code base for free. Open source has to be hardened and tested because every line of code is public. The difference is, that the programmers for Linux are passionate and generous. I don't think Android has that...
 Perhaps you could personally go a week without the internet but not the whole society. It would be a mess without it because so many industrial applications and public utilities depend on it these days.
They could have done it if they wanted to. They chose not to. I'm not so sure a second USB-C wouldn't fit right next to fist one with the same thin body. It would be tight, but to me, the single port was an intentional and deliberate design decision.
Humans lived for thousands of years without, electricity, written language, cars, refrigeration, vaccines, gunpowder, corrective lenses, plastic, steel and lots of stuff that in today's world are things most people would agree, we 'need'. Needs change. Modern civilization cannot exist without the internet. That is why everyone was so concerned in Y2K, that trains would go off the rails. That said, we definitely don't need Facebook.
Well since it is rumored that it will serve as a HomeKit hub, it probably has the same 3072 bit encryption and might have similar lag issues reported by ElGato with their BT device, but hopefully Apple gets that sorted out and once it is paired, it will connect quickly.