or Connect

Posts by mstone

I have purchased lots of apparel and golf equipment from Nike but only their highest quality products so I can't speak about issues with their low end stuff, but the high end stuff is really good. I have worn their top tier running shoes for years, but recently tried NB 998, their top of the line,  just because they were made in USA. The best NB shoes available and they have all kinds of defects in the manufacturing, grossly inferior to Nike. I'm switching back to Nike...
I can only comment on our experience with upgrading our SSL servers, but the Windows 2012 upgrades have been very problematic. We were scoring "F" on all of our Server 2003 servers in terms of SSL security even though none were vulnerable to Heartbleed. Windows 2012 r2 is just a mess but I guess it is secure. More reports to follow.
Does anyone know if Apple is using OS X as their primary ecommerce solution. They were using webobjects at one point but I don't see many references to that platform anymore. I wonder if they are using some other flavor of UNIX which does use OpenSSL but they were either using the older version which was not vulnerable or they were quick on the patch of the new one. In their data centers, I really doubt they are running OS X, but just a speculation on my part. OS X may be...
It gets more complicated when you are on AT&T shared minutes family plan. We have multiple devices so it is difficult to switch carriers or modify our upgrade cycle.
I have never used Flickr before but I have had a Yahoo account forever. I checked out the Flickr website and I like the new offer they have on a hard bound photo book for $10. I'm definitely going to take them up on that.   https://www.flickr.com/create/    BTW I noticed that the upload page says that Safari is not compatible with all of their upload features. I think they need to fix that one way or another or else Apple is definitely not going to work with them on...
 Everyone is different. It is not a matter of 'more money than sense', in fact it is more likely the opposite. Not everyone wants to part with $850 cash and not everyone wants to be on T-Mobile. Financing a phone over two years makes sense. What doesn't make sense is keeping a subsidized phone longer than the contract unless your carrier has a BYOD discount. That means you really don't have any money or sense.
The reason patents are written in such a way as to be as vague as possible is so that it is nearly impossible to determine if they are in conflict or not and to provide a legal advantage if someone else patents something similar. If the patent office had to guarantee that there were no conflicts at the time of application, they would be sued by thousands of patent holders and applicants if any of their patents were challenged or refused. Besides, patents contribute to what...
The administration doesn't care if there are patent conflicts. They want as many patents as possible. The more conflicts the better. Patent fees generate a pretty good revenue stream but the patent review fees are upwards of $12-20K when there is a challenge. It is not their job to determine if a patent application might be in conflict at the time of application. They let the patent holders and the courts decide. The USPTO is probably one of the few government departments...
It is sort of secure. It has a mixture of secure and non-secure elements on the page. But it is only 128 bit which I did not know was even an option. I thought 1024 was the lowest encryption you could use. Actually there is something weird going on. It does say in the certificate details that it is 2048 bits. The page is just not coded correctly for SSL. Safari doesn't let you access any of that information unless the page is actually secure. Chrome just pops up a warning...
Wow. It says excite is owned by  Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc, which apparently owns Vimeo as well, at least according to the info at the bottom of the excite home page