or Connect

Posts by mstone

Someone did point out that the inks contain sometimes even heavy metals, which to me seems like it could present a health risk if those elements eventually dissolved into the blood. 
I've heard from a reliable source that iPhone is the preferred phone for the blind, at least in the US.
In those instances I think it is appropriate as cultural traditions. Those customs take many years to develop and their body art is probably very similar to the art that historically would adorn their clothing, boats, homes, baskets and pottery. Modern, first world tattoos can't really be compared to those other cultures. Modern tattoos are a very recent fad, and I say fad, as I noticed from even just a couple years ago that fewer NBA players have tattoos these days than...
I learned the other day when speaking with my Apple Business Rep that when stuff gets returned it does not go on sale again except if they use their eBay channel. Refurbished devices are actually new. What makes them refurbished is they did not pass the quality test for one reason or another. For example if the camera was not working correctly on a QC inspection, they may take a camera from a returned device to replace it. Also they sometimes use returned parts to repair...
What makes you think Apple will announce any numbers for Watch?
I ordered one but then later decided I didn't want it after playing around with it at the store a couple different times. It is nice but I just don't think I would use it for anything. My life is so routine these days, I don't have any issues keeping it organized. My schedule is my own. I rarely need to be anywhere at a precise time.
If you don't want to donate to the Red Cross you can view this web page that lists 7 vetted charities working to provide aid for this disaster.   http://ht.ly/M7eJc   AmeriCares CARE Catholic Relief Services Direct Relief GlobalGiving Save the Children Seva Foundation      FYI: Personally,  I used the iTunes link   View this page to see the Red Cross expense and program donations   http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3277
You don't live in rural Panama, there is no ridicule EVER! (I could go on about this subject) The battery life is a variable based on the number of recharges as well as age so it is possible. I have witnessed the use of original iPhones as recent as two years ago and a 3G only a couple months ago.
Yep, a young student in Panama might have an original iPhone in her backpack. The guy who washes my cars in a very rural area of Panama has a 3G. I have yet to see any of our beloved local Indians with iPhones but that will probably be happening soon.
I haven't done the research but with AT&T and Verizon I don't believe they give you any discounts for bringing your own phone. As we know, ALL iPhones continue to be handed down over and over until they break so they naturally migrate to carriers who do offer a discount if you own your phone outright. In Panama none of the carriers offer subsidies so everyone is on pay as you go. As far as I know every one of my previous iPhones, going back to at least the 3G, are still in...