or Connect

Posts by mstone

Except perhaps with his mom.
Perfect for data center use. Scan the racks to find any machines that are running hot, probably dead fans. Also for scanning PDUs to see if they are overloaded. or have hot cables. We had a 440V cable melt one time. With something like this we could have been keeping records and would have noticed a spike in heat in advance of complete failure..
I often carry two phones when out of the country. It is the only way when you have a local number and a USA number both of which you need to be active. Many people today don't have or don't use a home landline and important communications from their doctor, children's school, or childcare provider often need immediate attention. Of course people don't want the corporate IT managing their personal phone. Probably the best situation is to just not allow the personal phones...
He might consider getting a college degree like Shaq.
The main issue is that all small mobile devices are designed with a series of compromises, small screen, small battery, small text, UI, etc. Using the watch band as extra space for electronics is a logical outcome, otherwise the body of the watch would be too large.  I don't wear a watch but when I did, I don't ever recall having to replace the band, because it was heavy duty metal. iDevices generally have a 2-4 year life span so most people will probably not need to...
That is a pretty short commercial.  Probably more to come. A little early for back to school but the target market is unmistakeable.
I'm not sure Gene is the right person to do this comparison. Testing with a single voice in a single language is too small of a sample size, although it is impressive that he got so many "heard correctly" results. You'd think having ones head up ones ass would tend to muffle the voice.
Watever. No desktop CPUs. iMac is what I am looking for. I need several at this point. I looked at the new low end but decided against that and want a few 27' models. I'm replacing some 20" older Lion machines but I want another 7+ years out of whatever I buy.
I think it might be similar to saying we are making some interesting discoveries and some success in mice but we haven't done any human trials yet. This security guy mentions three companies that offer iOS forensic services. I went to all three websites and they all claim they can get the data from iPhone. 
In every other Samsung ad I would agree, but not in this case. They are targeting, for a very limited time, people who want a big screen NOW! As Satchmo pointed out, 2 months, then everyone in the market for a phone will know there is a larger iPhone. The thing that could actually backfire on Samsung, and I'm sure they know the risk, is that potential buyers did not know a bigger iPhone was coming and now will just wait. Samsung knows that their one remaining selling point...