or Connect

Posts by mstone

They have enough money to buy back all the existing shares right now but they would not be allowed to do that.  But, even if they were allowed to, that is not the same as going private. In order to go private, someone would have to buy them. There are only a handful of people who are wealthy enough to do that and I think Apple is better off being run by Tim Cook than some Saudi sheik. Apple cannot own itself. It is possible that it could be an employee owned company but...
Now if we actually were allowed to vote, then that would be huge. As it is, five appointed committee members decided. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased about the outcome but it could be overturned in the court. If everyone in the US was allowed to vote on it, it would not even go to the courts. It would simply be decided much like city, county or state bills are decided.
That is an interesting question. I think they might still be allowed to block it because of security issues.
I have a servers in the US, Germany and Japan. I could just bail on the US if I found it unacceptable, although I'm not against licensing websites. I think it would be much safer if every website was required to have SSL certificates to send internet traffic, especially mail servers.
Municipalities could, and in many cases they technically own the the cable in the ground, but they signed decades long contracts with the cable company that originally built out the infrastructure. Once those contracts expire, the city governments could decide to offer it at a reasonable price for the benefit of their citizens, however there is a big incentive to auction it off to the highest bidder and you are right back where you started. I wish that Apple would build...
The cable companies can rightfully charge twice. Once for sending and once for receiving. Everyone has to pay for bandwidth. What they should not be allowed to do is throttle the bandwidth based on the type of content. For example let's say that a movie streaming company pays their internet provider a billion dollars for the fastest speed that is technically available. All that guarantees is, that it will make it to the first peering point at that speed. Once the packets...
Yeah I thought of that as well but too much gang, Never gonna' happen.
That falls under the NYC Italian mafia ethnicity emoji. For get a bout it! http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2013/jul/02/how-speak-italian-with-hand-gestures
He and I agree on very few things