or Connect

Posts by mstone

This could actually be a better deal in that it might cost less, not that cost was really an issue for me. It was just the principle of the thing because with the previous plan you paid the same monthly fee whether or not you owned the device outright. I was always compelled to upgrade as soon as the contract was up because I hated giving them money they didn't deserve. So if they separate the device subsidy from the service then I can upgrade later without overpaying. Now...
I did find the answer on their site: 
Sorry I meant re-signing a new contract at the end of the first contract. I see your post about dividing the $649.99 by 24 payments and that makes perfect sense, but that should be explained on the AT&T site because I didn't think to do the math to discover the obvious coincidence that the total of the payments equals the advertised full price. But even so I can't be 100% assured that I get to keep the phone because it does not say that anywhere. I suppose they think...
I read all that fine print before I even posted. Nowhere on that page does it say that I get to keep the phone when I upgrade at full contract term. It just keeps saying trade-in, trade-in. Sure, I could make a reasonable assumption but with them changing everything, I want that in writing before I sign up.
That's how these general contractors make the big bucks. On a project that size the addendum sheets probably fill up a 40 ft. trailer. Every single change in the plan has an associated charge. They lowball the original quote and make it up in changes.
 I just can't find that in writing anywhere on their site.
I still can't find any info about the trade in upgrade policy. I don't want to trade in my phone at the end of the contract. I want to keep it to use internationally and eventually hand it down to family member or friend.
By the way that magazine has since taken down that page.
I use it at Sprouts as well, but the other day I had to return something and they made me swipe the credit card. I suppose they are able to record my personal information because of the swipe. I returned some merchandise at Home Depot (when they still accepted Pay) and I didn't have to do anything, it just went back on the card. I have seen a number of clerks that are clueless about Pay. Perhaps Apple needs better training and support for the proper usage and protocols.
This could be useful although helping to frame your shot seems a bit of a stretch since you can't move the camera from a distance. If you are trying to take a selfie maybe you can move in order to center yourself in the frame, but with the rounded edges of the iPhone 6 you are going to struggle a bit to get the phone propped up accurately. I used to do that all the time with the iPhone 5 and it was easy because of the flat edges, you could just place it on any flat surface...