or Connect

Posts by mstone

Exactly!
From a distance, the app icons look remarkably similar to the little key pad buttons on the classic calculator watch.
My BMW has the Harmon Kardon upgrade and it is fully branded on the speaker grilles, but I don't know how much of a marketing asset it is. It is more just another option like leather seats. People say the BMW screen UI is terrible but I think it is fine. Fact is, you are not supposed to be focused on the screen all the time anyway. You are supposed to be driving. The more simplistic it is the better. The other thing about CarPlay is that it has to download the map tiles...
We'll see if Tim has the same RDF chops that Steve had. To me that watch looks so out of place on that girl. She is literally the last person on earth I would expect to buy something that looks like the calculator watch the electronics sales guy at Best Buy wears. It's going to be a tough sell to get the geekiness out of that watch. I'm even a geek and it still looks too geeky for me.
Insightful comments. I think I would prefer to stick with my BMW, Chevy and Toyota fob which are all effortless. If the Watch has some other compelling features, I might consider it, but this car lock idea is DOA in my opinion.
Right yeah? These posters have no idea what they are talking about. $25 an hour is $50K a year if you work full time 40 hours a week but drivers seldom do. Then deduct union dues, your own commuting costs and it is hardly a living wage in the bay area. High-tech workers in SF are making 120K+ with a degree in computer science. There is literally no comparison. I'm pretty sure most drivers are just scraping by. I'd rather my driver wasn't working a second eight hour shift...
I have the same question. I would just hate it if Apple decided to enable a feature only on the Watch when the iPhone was clearly just as capable from a hardware perspective but in order to differentiate the two products only allowed the feature on the watch. That would be just BS. 
Apple isn't losing any sleep over this. $18 or $24...whatever.  The cost of doing business is passed on to the consumer. If union employees servicing Apple employees bothers you, move to SF and start your own competing non-union transportation company and bid for the tech company contracts.
So since we agree it is not a complete replacement for a fob, then the Watch is just one more thing to carry. One of the things that I never liked about wristwatches is that they are bulky and limit movement of my wrist and the buckle can scratch my MBP. It would have to have some real killer features to convince me to wear a watch.
1-800-BMW or 1-800-AAA My phone has never had a dead battery anyway, ever!