or Connect

Posts by mstone

The comment above is full of myths and misconceptions. For the real scoop, you might enjoy reading this article: https://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2013-09-27-arm64-and-you.html
Ok it is late I need to go to sleep. Sorry if I misunderstood your situation. I thought that by saying you had multiple offers you had actually put your property up for sale. Good luck again, sorry for any confusion I may have caused by apparently misreading your messages.
That may be true but I can tell you that according to zilliow, my property in OC has increased in value more than 25% in the last six months, so I wouldn't be so confident about how superior Silicon Valley real estate prices are in comparison to other areas. One thing that many people fail to consider is that as home prices rise, when you do decide to put your home on the market, you may make a considerable profit but you then need to purchase another home in the same...
Okay fine. If you bought you current property 9-10 years ago, you probably paid peak market price for it. If your market is anything like OC or the other major metropolitan areas of the US your property took a deep hit in value in the 2007-2010 time frame as did everyone else. Now prices are staring to recover but it is sporadic and has not reached the universal balance yet which means that there is still a wide disparity between what someone thinks their home is worth and...
Clearly you are very emotional about the real estate market in Silicon Valley and specifically your current situation, although I doubt it differs much from other metropolitain areas in California such as Orange County where I own a house.  I hope you are able to make a profit on the sale of your condo if that is what you plan to do. Best of luck.
Okay sorry again, I'm not all that familiar with Silicon Valley real estate, I concede to your more authoritative knowledge. I was simply trying to put in perspective the original poster's thinking that real estate tax increases were a major issue with the neighborhoods directly adjacent to the new Campus 2 site, in which I pointed out that those properties are already very high priced and exclusive to high salary individuals. I really don't feel qualified to actually...
I said home not house. Sorry perhaps that was misleading. I did not investigate the details of each property, just looked at the list. That is the way realtors speak. A home is anything you can buy rather than lease. I'm not a realtor. Just go to zillow and look at the same information I used to make an estimate.
As I mentioned, a little further away you'll find more reasonable prices. I did not specify anything about 10 miles, but it might be within that distance from the Campus 2 site since it is at the extreme north of Cupertino and a lot closer to Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. I used the website zillow.com for the estimate. They tend to be a little on the low side but you can check it out for yourself. 
Sure but in that vicinity, the homes are already upwards of a couple million dollars. I don't think those millionaires are strapped for cash. If you are on a fixed income or whatever you are not living in Cupertino. The side of the freeway that the Campus 2 will be is more like Sunnyvale or Santa Clara, but the closer you get to Cupertino you start getting into the million dollar plus homes. The areas further away from Cupertino are a more reasonable $6-800K but even then...
I've been considering buying the Apogee Jam ($99) and using Garageband. With headphones I won't be disturbing anyone while practicing. Honestly I don't really play that much anymore. I have an old Boss JamStation which works but with Garageband I would get a lot more versatility. I have a ton of old analog equipment. All professional stuff like Mackie board and Alesis studio speakers, AKG mics with phantom power, lots of analog effects pedals, Sony tape recorders, etc. I'd...