or Connect

Posts by mstone

If you don't want to donate to the Red Cross you can view this web page that lists 7 vetted charities working to provide aid for this disaster.   http://ht.ly/M7eJc   AmeriCares CARE Catholic Relief Services Direct Relief GlobalGiving Save the Children Seva Foundation      FYI: Personally,  I used the iTunes link   View this page to see the Red Cross expense and program donations   http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3277
You don't live in rural Panama, there is no ridicule EVER! (I could go on about this subject) The battery life is a variable based on the number of recharges as well as age so it is possible. I have witnessed the use of original iPhones as recent as two years ago and a 3G only a couple months ago.
Yep, a young student in Panama might have an original iPhone in her backpack. The guy who washes my cars in a very rural area of Panama has a 3G. I have yet to see any of our beloved local Indians with iPhones but that will probably be happening soon.
I haven't done the research but with AT&T and Verizon I don't believe they give you any discounts for bringing your own phone. As we know, ALL iPhones continue to be handed down over and over until they break so they naturally migrate to carriers who do offer a discount if you own your phone outright. In Panama none of the carriers offer subsidies so everyone is on pay as you go. As far as I know every one of my previous iPhones, going back to at least the 3G, are still in...
Sorry to pile on but if you didn't notice that you would need an adapter for your camera card before you began writing this review, how did you even make it into the professional career you are currently in?
I know, it seems crazy and I still haven't seen where Tim said that but there is a lot of wealth in China and throughout the Pacific rim of Asia. I sell almost all our coffee to that region and they pay insanely high prices that the Americans and Europeans just won't pay.
They know. Apple  has to unlock the phone through Tunes unless it was sent from the factory already unlocked. Also there are contracts that the reseller has to abide by such as not discounting the price below a certain point and especially not giving them away. Even the way they are advertised is strictly controlled.
I can't follow your logic. First you said iPhone subsidy was the same as comparable phones. I offered an example where it was not. You said that no one wants S6 anyway because it is inferior which is why they are giving them away. I observed that first you said comparable phones but then you say S6 is not comparable, hence, no phone is comparable with iPhone, which I agree with, but you can't have it both ways. Either the subsidy is the same for comparable phones or there...
You get what you pay for, but I'm just saying that comparable phones cost less to own. Your argument seems to be contradictory as you now appear to be saying that the S6 is not a comparable phone. 
Mel: I saw a TV commercial yesterday for Sprint giving away Galaxy S6 free and another one free every year thereafter. They've been doing BOGOs for years. A free phone dramatically reduces the the overall cost of ownership to the consumer.